Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Settles Copyright Suit Over Google News
Google has settled a copyright suit filed by French news agency Agence France-Presse over Google News' use of its content.
- Clicktracks Releases Click Fraud Detection for Smaller Businesses
Clicktracks Web analytics will launch a new product for SMBs which will include click fraud detection
- Convera Focusing on Vertical Search for Publishers
Convera is getting out of the business it has been in for more than 2 decades to focus on providing vertical search technologies for publishers.
- Google Wins in Court
Google won a court victory not on any click fraud-related grounds, but on the strength of its AdWords contract.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Google as the Invisible Hand of the Online Economy, SEO Book
- New Research Could Improve Google Image Search, Natural Search Blog
- Cable Guys Leave Ebay Hanging, ClickZ
- Google: Master Of Closing The Loop?, Search Engine Land
- Seeing Through “Trendy”: Analyzing the Usefulness of Social Media April 5, Leverage Social Media
- New Microsoft adCenter Welcome Guide, adCenter Blog
- Technorati CEO Search Confirmed, TechCrunch
- Embracing Change, Sifry's Alerts
- Whiteboard Friday Vidcast - "Mozzers Take Manhattan". SEOmoz
- Social Media Marketing - Get it Straight, Online Marketing Blog
Search and traffic sourcing are both crucial to luring shoppers to your website. In this article, "2 Successful Holiday Strategies for Online Retail", you'll learn how to use a two-pronged approach for your holiday search campaigns that combine top keywords with the best referral sites. Data in this article comes from SimilarWeb.