Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Settles Copyright Suit Over Google News
Google has settled a copyright suit filed by French news agency Agence France-Presse over Google News' use of its content.
- Clicktracks Releases Click Fraud Detection for Smaller Businesses
Clicktracks Web analytics will launch a new product for SMBs which will include click fraud detection
- Convera Focusing on Vertical Search for Publishers
Convera is getting out of the business it has been in for more than 2 decades to focus on providing vertical search technologies for publishers.
- Google Wins in Court
Google won a court victory not on any click fraud-related grounds, but on the strength of its AdWords contract.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Google as the Invisible Hand of the Online Economy, SEO Book
- New Research Could Improve Google Image Search, Natural Search Blog
- Cable Guys Leave Ebay Hanging, ClickZ
- Google: Master Of Closing The Loop?, Search Engine Land
- Seeing Through “Trendy”: Analyzing the Usefulness of Social Media April 5, Leverage Social Media
- New Microsoft adCenter Welcome Guide, adCenter Blog
- Technorati CEO Search Confirmed, TechCrunch
- Embracing Change, Sifry's Alerts
- Whiteboard Friday Vidcast - "Mozzers Take Manhattan". SEOmoz
- Social Media Marketing - Get it Straight, Online Marketing Blog
Upcoming Webinar: PPC Pause and Reflections for 2013
Thursday, December 12 - 2013 was a major turning point in search advertising. With Google's Enhanced Campaigns and Bing's innovative Smart Search capabilities in Windows 8.1, now is a great time to pause, reflect, and plan for the new year. Webinar attendance is free. Sign up today!