Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- AOL Launches Google-Powered Search Marketplace
AOL and Google are now offering advertisers the ability to buy search ads that will only be seen on AOL Search, using a white-label version of the AdWords platform.
- Discussion with Gary Price about Vertical Search Engines
A key part of what Gary does at Ask.com is help to get specialty databases integrated into Ask's search result, integrating vertical search components into a horizontal search engine.
- Idearc to Add-on SEM Services
Idearc Media, parent of Superpages.com, will begin offering search marketing services to its Internet Yellow Pages advertising customers.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Why You Can't Simply "Destroy" Your Online Past, Marketing Pilgrim
- Surviving Rankings, Re-Rankings, Filters and Google Hell., Jim Boykin
- Why Google WILL pay for content, ZDNet Digital Markets
- It's A Small (Mobile) World After All, StayGoLinks
- Does the AOL Ad Deal Mean an End to Shady Search Ad Distribution Partners?, Threadwatch
- My other interview with Google CEO Eric Schmidt, Wired Epicenter
- Yahoo Snags TellMe Execs, GigaOm
- Addicted to Link Research?, Search Engine Land
- Google Voice Local Search Launched - Pales In Comparison To Other Talking Search Engines, Read/Write Web
- 9 Ways To Bore The Audience at SES New York, Bruce Clay Blog
- What Will Advertising Look Like in 2008? Social Media Systems
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!