Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- AOL Launches Google-Powered Search Marketplace
AOL and Google are now offering advertisers the ability to buy search ads that will only be seen on AOL Search, using a white-label version of the AdWords platform.
- Discussion with Gary Price about Vertical Search Engines
A key part of what Gary does at Ask.com is help to get specialty databases integrated into Ask's search result, integrating vertical search components into a horizontal search engine.
- Idearc to Add-on SEM Services
Idearc Media, parent of Superpages.com, will begin offering search marketing services to its Internet Yellow Pages advertising customers.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Why You Can't Simply "Destroy" Your Online Past, Marketing Pilgrim
- Surviving Rankings, Re-Rankings, Filters and Google Hell., Jim Boykin
- Why Google WILL pay for content, ZDNet Digital Markets
- It's A Small (Mobile) World After All, StayGoLinks
- Does the AOL Ad Deal Mean an End to Shady Search Ad Distribution Partners?, Threadwatch
- My other interview with Google CEO Eric Schmidt, Wired Epicenter
- Yahoo Snags TellMe Execs, GigaOm
- Addicted to Link Research?, Search Engine Land
- Google Voice Local Search Launched - Pales In Comparison To Other Talking Search Engines, Read/Write Web
- 9 Ways To Bore The Audience at SES New York, Bruce Clay Blog
- What Will Advertising Look Like in 2008? Social Media Systems
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!