As has been widely reported, Google has announced plans to acquire DoubleClick for $3.1 billion. Details from Google can be found in the official press release, on the Official Google Blog, or in a five-page FAQ Google created.
Google also held a brief press conference on Friday, which paidContent has available as an MP3 for download.
Besides the display ad-serving side of DoubleClick, the deal also includes Performics, a search and affiliate marketing agency. There's also the idea of an ad exchange that DoubleClick recently announced, though there's nothing concrete there to speak of.
A few more interesting viewpoints:
- Google "closes the loop" with Doubleclick acquisition, Forrester's Charlene Li
- Google Takes DoubleClick for $3.1 Billion, Forrester's Shar vanBoskirk
- GoogleClick: Positioning for the Integrated Search and Display Exchange, JupiterResearch's David Card
- Google Acquires Internet (May 2017), Google Blogoscoped
- DoubleClick's Past, Google Blogoscoped
- Google Acquired DoubleClick To Create A People-Driven Advertising Platform, Publishing 2.0
- Doubleclick + Google: Looking at Some of the Doubleclick Patent Filings, SEO by the Sea
- Google to own a SEM and SEO firm?!, Stephan Spencer
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!