As has been widely reported, Google has announced plans to acquire DoubleClick for $3.1 billion. Details from Google can be found in the official press release, on the Official Google Blog, or in a five-page FAQ Google created.
Google also held a brief press conference on Friday, which paidContent has available as an MP3 for download.
Besides the display ad-serving side of DoubleClick, the deal also includes Performics, a search and affiliate marketing agency. There's also the idea of an ad exchange that DoubleClick recently announced, though there's nothing concrete there to speak of.
A few more interesting viewpoints:
- Google "closes the loop" with Doubleclick acquisition, Forrester's Charlene Li
- Google Takes DoubleClick for $3.1 Billion, Forrester's Shar vanBoskirk
- GoogleClick: Positioning for the Integrated Search and Display Exchange, JupiterResearch's David Card
- Google Acquires Internet (May 2017), Google Blogoscoped
- DoubleClick's Past, Google Blogoscoped
- Google Acquired DoubleClick To Create A People-Driven Advertising Platform, Publishing 2.0
- Doubleclick + Google: Looking at Some of the Doubleclick Patent Filings, SEO by the Sea
- Google to own a SEM and SEO firm?!, Stephan Spencer
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!