Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Goes to War on Paid Text Links
Google engineer Matt Cutts posted a series of blog posts on Saturday, attacking hidden links, links in Wordpress themes, and paid links. A firestorm of protest suggests he may have gone too far.
- Google/DoubleClick Deal Shakes Things Up
The deal is being lauded by some as a strategic imperative, while apparently already facing pressure on the anti-trust and privacy fronts.
- Yahoo and Newspaper Consortium Expand Ad Partnership
Yahoo and 12 leading U.S. newspaper companies struck an agreement to use Yahoo as their paid search partner, and bring local newspaper content to 150 MM U.S. visitors per month.
- Google Audio, Clear Channel Ink Deal
Google and Clear Channel Communications announced a long-term agreement Sunday to place advertising for its online customers on more than 675 Clear Channel radio stations.
- PR.com adds Yahoo News to press release distribution
Other enhancements include social bookmarking, distribution via regional channels, file attachments, and a PDF version of the release.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Hidden Formula of SEO?, Britopian Marketing Blog
- Berkowitz Speech a Missed Opportunity, Screenwerk
- SERP Domination, Bluehat SEO
- All the link-building rules you will ever need, SEO Theory
- Looking Back at SES NYC 2007: Part One, Cre8pc
- Checking (Gary) Price, Ask.com Blog
- Google: No Sponsored Links for Don Imus?, ClickZ
- Search Chicks, ClickZ Experts
- In Perfect 10 decision, court may have given support to Google, Silicon Valley Watcher
- How to Kill Google, MIT Advertising Lab
- ARF Conferees Weigh In On Google Deal: Game-Changer or Olive Branch?, MediaPost
- Google/DoubleClick: It's About Display, Data And Defense, MediaPost (Tacoda CEO Curt Viebranz)
- Are we filtering ourselves into an internet ghetto?, Information World Review
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 31 October to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.