Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Today's Featured Expert Columns
Today's columns: Compliance Continued: Creating Internal Links for Organic Success; and Branding Isn't Just for Big Businesses
- Will Filtering Solve YouTube Copyright Problems?
Google's CEO said in an interview at the National Association of Broadcasters conference that Google is close implementing a filtering service that would prevent copyright content from being uploaded to YouTube.
- AdWords Announces Preferred Bidding Feature
This new feature allows advertisers to specify the average cost per click or CPM (cost per thousand impressions) they want to pay within their AdWords campaigns.
- RightDot Awarded US Patent for Web site Verification Process
The new technology could allow search engines to clearly distinguish between official and non-official Web sites through visual, audio or embedded identification on Internet search page site descriptions.
- Yahoo Analytics Getting Attention
Though they have owned Keylime -- an early analytics and bid management company -- since buying Overture, Yahoo has not really pushed this product until now.
- Microsoft Announces Changes To adCenter
The most intriguing part of their announcement is that they are basing the changes on "user's likely intent." How you measure intent is one I will have to get the Microsoft people to explain to me.
- The Algorithm Constantly Finds Jesus
This is either going to be the best viral marketing effort for a search engine since Gmail, or Barry Diller is going to have a lot of problems.
- Yahoo Profits Up, Search Percentage Down
March was a bad month for Yahoo, though their stock price is not being effected by it.
- Yahoo and PayPal Join To Challenge Google Checkout
oining with PayPal, Yahoo will offer an express check system that can be seen as a solid challenge to the Google alternative.
- Yahoo, United Online Renew Contracts
Yahoo will provide sponsored search and web search results for NetZero, Juno and BlueLight.
- Pizza Search Engine Slow To Deliver
Artistically it looks decent, but as far as giving you what you need fast and clean, lets just say, in the old days you would be getting the free pizza.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- The incredible untouchable links, SEO Theory
- Buying Links or Selling Links, DaveN
- The Cleansing Of The Links, Search Engine Land
- What Will Google Do With Performics?, Search Engine Journal
- Should Google Acquire Wikipedia?, Google Blogoscoped
- Newsvine Beats Digg To Punch, Search Marketing Gurus
- New York Moments and their Stories, SiteProNews
- SEM Settled? Good, Now On To Real Marketing, WebProNews
- Why marketers should care about the Google-DoubleClick deal, Biznology
- Dirty Ideas & Clean Link Sources, SEO Book
- Microsoft Silverlight Takes On Adobe's Flash, Read/Write Web
- Telltale Signs of a Chasm Crossing from NY, Out of My Gord
- SES NYC 2007 - The Wrap Up, Search Marketing Gurus
- The Importance of Search in Internet Marketing, 15 Digital Marketing
- SES New York 2007, SEO Wife
- I am not a Link Communist, Revisited: Perspectives on Buying Links, Stuntdubl
- Did dodgeball Even Have a Chance?, Baron VC
- Vertical Search Is Better For You, SEO'Brien
- Black Hat SEO meets Web 2.0, Stephan Spencer
Upcoming Webinar: PPC Pause and Reflections for 2013
Thursday, December 12 - 2013 was a major turning point in search advertising. With Google's Enhanced Campaigns and Bing's innovative Smart Search capabilities in Windows 8.1, now is a great time to pause, reflect, and plan for the new year. Webinar attendance is free. Sign up today!