Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Ask CEO Explains "The Algorithm"
Ask.com's CEO Jim Lanzone issued a statement explaining the new campaign that includes the intriguing ad copy: The Algorithm Constantly Finds Jesus.
- The “Bon Mots” of Social Search
It's clear we're wrestling with how to define, and then motivate effective participation in, socially-driven search.
- TV Fans Can Now Reach for blinkx Remote
Video search engine blinkx has just introduced a tool, blinkx Remote that will let TV users find full-length TV programming available on the Web.
- Does Ask Need Soul - Launching 'Black' Online Community
The community, and the initiative IAC is making into this specific ethnic niche, will be headed by Johnny C. Taylor, Jr. and headquartered in Charlotte, NC.
- Interview with blinkx CTO & Founder on blinkx Remote
Suranga is betting that his company's new tool will revolutionize people's viewing habits on the web.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Google Releases Improved Content Removal Tools, Search Engine Land
- Cookie Crumblers Corrupt Conclusive Counts, Search Engine Guide
- Link Building Structures: Hunters and Collectors, Search Engine Journal
- Google's Office Suite Complete: Google “PowerPoint” Confirmed, TechCrunch
- Impact of Yellow Google Ads & Click Through Change on CTR & Sales, Search Engine Roundtable
- ContextWeb: The Would-Be Online Ad Market-Maker, Traffick
- MSN Gives adCenter A Quality Upgrade, Bruce Clay Blog
- Google Says Trust Us, While We Take Over Your Business, Marketing Pilgrim
- Will Search become Google's Forgotten Child?, Out of My Gord
- Interview: Google's Analytics Evangelist, Avinash Kaushik, Rimm-Kaufman Group Blog
- Yahoo! Q1 2007 Earnings Call Transcript, Seeking Alpha
Marketers Rejoice! ClickZ has launched ClickZ Live, an educational series to bring you innovative online marketing strategies and techniques. Learn to construct and successfully execute multi-channel marketing campaigns, plus identify key metrics and translate them into actionable plans.
Thursday, July 18: ClickZ Live will be in Vancouver, BC. Register before July 1 to save $100!