Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Income, Profits Up
Google reported its first-quarter financial results today, with profits up 69 percent to $1 billion, or $3.18 a share, on revenues of $3.66 billion, up 63 percent year-to-year.
- Google Adds Link Tools, Renames Froogle
Google made separate announcements today upgrading its recently released anchor text reporting tools, and renaming Froogle to Google Product Search.
- MySpace to take on Google News and Digg
MySpace is going into the news search business with a new service that will scour the internet for stories and let users vote on which ones receive the most exposure.
- Blogging to Gain Back Links
Beginning a blog as a way to attract links and new traffic is hard work, but your site can reap huge rewards from the effort.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Google Search History Expands, Becomes Web History, Search Engine Land
- Google Mixing More News Sites in Their Search Results, Threadwatch
- SES New York 2007: Now in Comic Form!, SEOmoz
- The SEO Playbook - Welcome to the Rabbit Hole Alice, Stuntdubl
- A “Market for Lemons”, a Nobel Prize, and Snake Oil SEO, Johnon.com
- Who Asked Google For Preferred Cost Bidding?, SearchViews
- Yahoo!'s Upcoming Gets an Upgrade, Screenwerk
- Finding The Women in Tech and Women in Search, Cre8pc
- Yahoo Cites Panama and Partnerships in Quarterly Earnings Report, ClickZ
- Carat Fusion Beefs Up Search Practice, ClickZ
- Shame on WSJ For Not Asking What Nielsen Is Smoking, GrokDotCom
- Google Dice “Queryless Search” Answer to StumbleUpon Popularity, Search Engine Journal
- Click Fraud On The Rise, Says Click Forensics, Search Engine Land
- SES San Jose 2007 Agenda & Speaker Development, Search Engine Strategies Blog
- Back to basics, Google Blog
- Exclusive: MySpace News Launches Thursday, TechCrunch
- Fifty Questions You Need Answered Before Starting Your SEO Campaign, Search Engine Land
- More insight into anchor text, Google Webmaster Central blog
- A Sea-Level Change For Search, Search Insider
- Putting SEO into Perspective, SEO Speedwagon
- Interview: Allan Dick, Vintage Tub And Bath, Rimm-Kaufman Group blog
- Objections to Niche SEO, SEO Hotline
- Where will search be seven years from now?, Internet Marketing Advice
- Yahoo Bombing For Stephen Colbert, The Alchemy of Search
- SEO Theory for Beginners, SEO Theory
- Performics Clients under the spotlight, DaveN
- Happy Birthday To Us - SearchRank Celebrates 10 Years!, SearchRank
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!