Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Income, Profits Up
Google reported its first-quarter financial results today, with profits up 69 percent to $1 billion, or $3.18 a share, on revenues of $3.66 billion, up 63 percent year-to-year.
- Google Adds Link Tools, Renames Froogle
Google made separate announcements today upgrading its recently released anchor text reporting tools, and renaming Froogle to Google Product Search.
- MySpace to take on Google News and Digg
MySpace is going into the news search business with a new service that will scour the internet for stories and let users vote on which ones receive the most exposure.
- Blogging to Gain Back Links
Beginning a blog as a way to attract links and new traffic is hard work, but your site can reap huge rewards from the effort.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Google Search History Expands, Becomes Web History, Search Engine Land
- Google Mixing More News Sites in Their Search Results, Threadwatch
- SES New York 2007: Now in Comic Form!, SEOmoz
- The SEO Playbook - Welcome to the Rabbit Hole Alice, Stuntdubl
- A “Market for Lemons”, a Nobel Prize, and Snake Oil SEO, Johnon.com
- Who Asked Google For Preferred Cost Bidding?, SearchViews
- Yahoo!'s Upcoming Gets an Upgrade, Screenwerk
- Finding The Women in Tech and Women in Search, Cre8pc
- Yahoo Cites Panama and Partnerships in Quarterly Earnings Report, ClickZ
- Carat Fusion Beefs Up Search Practice, ClickZ
- Shame on WSJ For Not Asking What Nielsen Is Smoking, GrokDotCom
- Google Dice “Queryless Search” Answer to StumbleUpon Popularity, Search Engine Journal
- Click Fraud On The Rise, Says Click Forensics, Search Engine Land
- SES San Jose 2007 Agenda & Speaker Development, Search Engine Strategies Blog
- Back to basics, Google Blog
- Exclusive: MySpace News Launches Thursday, TechCrunch
- Fifty Questions You Need Answered Before Starting Your SEO Campaign, Search Engine Land
- More insight into anchor text, Google Webmaster Central blog
- A Sea-Level Change For Search, Search Insider
- Putting SEO into Perspective, SEO Speedwagon
- Interview: Allan Dick, Vintage Tub And Bath, Rimm-Kaufman Group blog
- Objections to Niche SEO, SEO Hotline
- Where will search be seven years from now?, Internet Marketing Advice
- Yahoo Bombing For Stephen Colbert, The Alchemy of Search
- SEO Theory for Beginners, SEO Theory
- Performics Clients under the spotlight, DaveN
- Happy Birthday To Us - SearchRank Celebrates 10 Years!, SearchRank
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Early Bird Rates available through Friday, July 18. Register & save!