Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google's Long March Towards Taking Over the Advertising Universe
Google continues to invest in extending its advertising reach to include more formats and mediums. It clearly wants to become a one stop shop for advertisers of all sizes and in all mediums.
- Google ranks The Colbert Nation #1 for "giant brass balls"
Stephen Colbert's viewers, who have already been banned by Wikipedia, have now mastered the art of googlebombing.
- In House Issues: When You Can't Afford an SEO Rockstar
Companies are having extreme difficulties finding an hiring qualified SEO talent, and paying higher premiums for an experienced SEO is intimidating to many businesses.
- Video Interview with Avinash Kaushik of Google Analytics
Sage Lewis of SageRock has posted a video interview with Avinash Kaushik of Google Analytics, as part of a series of interviews he did at SES New York.
- Where Content's Not Free
In a world where content's not free, there are many professional publishers who meet niche needs.
- Addressing the Rights Holders
At the recent SIIA conference, many traditional publishers heard Yahoo appeal directly to their interests. At the same time, there's no mistaking that Yahoo competes with publishers.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Google Rules The Market For One Reason…, Bruce Clay Blog
- Why Selling SEO Services is Typically a Bad Business Model, Threadwatch
- DoubleClick and Google, Part 1: The Vision, ClickZ
- News Analysis: Microsoft General Counsel on DoubleClick and Antitrust, Battelle's SearchBlog
- Time For Google To Give Up The Fight Against Paid Links?, Search Engine Land
- IAB Questions comScore, Nielsen//NetRatings Metrics, Marketing Pilgrim
- Search: No Results Equal No Sale, ClickZ
- New Google AdWords Dashboard Looks Like Yahoo Panama, Search Engine Journal
- Rich Media [at] Google.com?, ClickZ
- Utah Search Law Could Aid State's Auto Dealers and Pharma Brands, ClickZ
- Stay In and Read this Weekend; There's a Ton of Great Stuff, SEOmoz
JUNE SALE! Save 15%*
Save on all e-learning certification courses, including: SEO, Social Media, Online Marketing Foundation, Web Analytics and more. Enter CZAJU at checkout »
Offer expires June 30. *Discount not applicable on SES Online products.