Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- David Naylor Launches Robots.txt File Builder
Many people screw up their robots.txt file and deny the search engine spiders access to their sites. Dave thought it would be a great idea to create a central site where people can have their robots.txt file created and stored to ensure good interaction with the spiders.
- Google Changing Tune on Performics?
Google's no longer saying it has "no plans" to sell off Performics, once it acquires DoubleClick.
- Charlie Rose To Host First Live Online Presidential Debates
Yahoo along with the Huffington Post and Slate will host two presidential debates during the 2008 campaign.
- Unica's Steve O'Brien on Cross Channel Integration
Cross channel integration is an area of great focus for Unica, and Steve made some great observations as to why it's important.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Win a Pass to ClickZ Specifics: Web Metrics in NYC on May 2, ClickZ
- SES New York 2007 - wrap up, Search Engine Strategies Blog
- Is Web Analytics Hurting Paid Search?, SEM Geek
- Social Media Optimization: Are SEOs Part of the Problem?, Search Engine Roundtable
- has sma-uk gone?, Threadwatch
- Is social networking dead? Nope. We've only just seen the beginning. Here's why, Sensemaking
- UPDATE: Performics President Responds to Speculation Over Google - Performics Dissolution Rumor, Pepperjam Blog
- Happy National Look Alike Day, SEO Industry, Small Business SEM
- Do We Want to Measure Time Spent?, Biznology
- Google Facing FTC Privacy Complaint, Marketing Pilgrim
- Relationship Brokering in SEO, SEO Hotline
- An Interview with Lisa Barone, Karl Ribas
- SEO Algorithm Roundup: AOL, Ask, Google, Live, & Yahoo!, SEO Theory
Introducing... ClickZ Live!
SES Conference & Expo has merged with ClickZ to bring you ClickZ Live! The new global conference series takes on the identity of the industry's premier digital marketing publication, ClickZ.com, and kicks off March 31-April 3 in New York City. Join the industry's leading tech-advertisers in the advertising capital of the world! Find out more ››
*Super Saver Rates expire Jan 24.