Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Local.com Joins the Webification Trend
Online local search destination Local.com launched a free version of its Local Promote.
- Yahoo, Gracenote Provide Lyrics For 100,000s of Songs
Yahoo and Gracenote announced a joint venture that will provide hundreds of thousands of song lyrics through Yahoo Music.
- IAC Launches Its Own Incubator
Similar to Yahoo's Brickhouse, IAC has launched an internal incubator project to find and develop business opportunities.
- iProspect Opens Office in Spain
SEM agency iProspect recently began accelerating its global expansion plans.
- Want Your Site Featured on Search Engine Watch?
Eric Enge is looking for case studies to feature in his "By The Numbers" column.
- Microsoft Accused Of Patent Violation In .Net Methodology
Microsoft is being sued by Vertical Computer Systems for patent infringement of their SiteFlash product.
- Google Buys Web Conferencing Software
Sweden-based Marratech develops downloadable conferencing software for Microsoft and Apple platforms.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Google Bombing Lessons, The Alchemy of Search
- Bigger Levers For Your Social Media Campaign, Search Engine Land
- New US Border Check Tool: Google, Search Engine Land
- Exposing the Invisible Web to Search Engines, Search Engine Journal
- Newsvine Relaunch Today: Build Your Own News Site, TechCrunch
- The One Trend That Explains All Others, Search Insider
- Linkbait Isn't Always Best, Marketing Pilgrim
- An Unreasonable Faith In The Google OS, WebProNews
- The Expansion of Social Networks, Read/Write Web
- Is Organic Search Marketing Too Much Work?, Biznology
- Warren Buffet's Advice to SEOs (Or, Why Your Business Model Is Working Against You), Tropical SEO
- Click Fraud Audits: What is IAB's dog in the fight?, ZDNet Digital Markets
- How to Get Links Without Trying, SiteLogic
- Jeff Weiner to take top Yahoo job?, Valleywag
- MySpace News: An In-Depth Look, 10e20
- Ian Houston publishes very interesting cookie deletion data of his own, Web Analytics Demystified
- New Branding Initiative for Performics, Affiliate Tip
- U.S. Search Engine Rankings, March 2007, ClickZ Stats
- Fox Interactive Media Research: Social Networks Are A Good Advertising Platform, Pronet Advertising
- Talking Points about Social Media Strategies April 22, Leverage Social Media
- Do Traditional Agencies Still Snub Search?, ClickZ
- Forrester's new Social Technographics report, The Groundswell
- The Participation Ladder and Its Impact on Marketing and PR, Micropersuasion
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!