Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Local.com Joins the Webification Trend
Online local search destination Local.com launched a free version of its Local Promote.
- Yahoo, Gracenote Provide Lyrics For 100,000s of Songs
Yahoo and Gracenote announced a joint venture that will provide hundreds of thousands of song lyrics through Yahoo Music.
- IAC Launches Its Own Incubator
Similar to Yahoo's Brickhouse, IAC has launched an internal incubator project to find and develop business opportunities.
- iProspect Opens Office in Spain
SEM agency iProspect recently began accelerating its global expansion plans.
- Want Your Site Featured on Search Engine Watch?
Eric Enge is looking for case studies to feature in his "By The Numbers" column.
- Microsoft Accused Of Patent Violation In .Net Methodology
Microsoft is being sued by Vertical Computer Systems for patent infringement of their SiteFlash product.
- Google Buys Web Conferencing Software
Sweden-based Marratech develops downloadable conferencing software for Microsoft and Apple platforms.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Google Bombing Lessons, The Alchemy of Search
- Bigger Levers For Your Social Media Campaign, Search Engine Land
- New US Border Check Tool: Google, Search Engine Land
- Exposing the Invisible Web to Search Engines, Search Engine Journal
- Newsvine Relaunch Today: Build Your Own News Site, TechCrunch
- The One Trend That Explains All Others, Search Insider
- Linkbait Isn't Always Best, Marketing Pilgrim
- An Unreasonable Faith In The Google OS, WebProNews
- The Expansion of Social Networks, Read/Write Web
- Is Organic Search Marketing Too Much Work?, Biznology
- Warren Buffet's Advice to SEOs (Or, Why Your Business Model Is Working Against You), Tropical SEO
- Click Fraud Audits: What is IAB's dog in the fight?, ZDNet Digital Markets
- How to Get Links Without Trying, SiteLogic
- Jeff Weiner to take top Yahoo job?, Valleywag
- MySpace News: An In-Depth Look, 10e20
- Ian Houston publishes very interesting cookie deletion data of his own, Web Analytics Demystified
- New Branding Initiative for Performics, Affiliate Tip
- U.S. Search Engine Rankings, March 2007, ClickZ Stats
- Fox Interactive Media Research: Social Networks Are A Good Advertising Platform, Pronet Advertising
- Talking Points about Social Media Strategies April 22, Leverage Social Media
- Do Traditional Agencies Still Snub Search?, ClickZ
- Forrester's new Social Technographics report, The Groundswell
- The Participation Ladder and Its Impact on Marketing and PR, Micropersuasion
Last Week to Save on SES London Tickets!
Learn to engage customers and increase ROI by distributing your online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Join the leaders of today's digital marketing & advertising industry at SES London. Find out more ››
*Saver Rates expire this Friday, Dec 13.