Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Ask to Launch Contextual Ad Network
Advertisers buying search ads in Ask.com's Ask Sponsored Listings (ASL) program will soon have the option of buying contextually-targeted ads on IAC-owned sites and third-party publishers.
- Google Builds AdWords Storefront for Intel Resellers
Beginning next week, Intel's channel partners will be able to plan and buy AdWords campaigns via a custom storefront created by Intel and Google.
- Microsoft Live Search Loses Another Exec
Dane Glasgow, general manager for Live Search, is leaving the company to work for various nonprofits and spend more time with his family.
- Will Blogs Be The Death Of News?
Newspaper circulations are at their lowest in nearly 40 years. The number of daily newspapers is also dramatically shrinking. But blogs with news stories and commentary are flourishing.
- After a Few Financial Hoops, Blinkx Plans to Go Public
After navigating a series of financial hoops with enterprise search player Autonomy, privately held video search engine Blinkx will wind up as a public company on the London Stock Exchange.
- Book review of How to Win Sales & Influence Spiders by Catherine Seda
Industry and SES veteran Catherine Seda has authored a new book for the small to mid-sized business owner or entrepreneur, providing a roadmap showing how to leverage the Web to boost business performance.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Forrester Releases Research on the Linkerati, SEOmoz
- Attack of the SEOmoz Clones: More Thoughts On SEO Consulting, Scoreboard Media
- Query Busting: What the new kid should do, SEO Theory
- SEO Site Analysis: Knowing the Score, Part 3, ClickZ
- my social networking dream, Vanessa Fox. Nude.
- Google and privacy, Matt Cutts
- AMA Hot Topic Series: Search Marketing in San Fran, Natural Search Blog
- No More Landing Pages, GrokDotCom
- Keyword Tips For Writing Powerful Google Ads, Practical Ecommerce
- WebmasterWorld's PubCon Goes Up Against Search Engine Strategies Chicago, Search Engine Roundtable
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates extended through Sept 19. Register today!