Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Microsoft Ad Revenues Up 23%
Advertising revenue grew by 23 percent, and the company is actually ahead of last year's monetization goals for adCenter.
- Is Zunch Communications' Bankruptcy a Sign of Things to Come?
Zunch is spinning this bankruptcy as a part of a larger trend coming to the industry, but others say that's not the case.
- Google Adding Print Purchasing to AdWords Interface
To improve their sales numbers for print media, Google is adding a Print Tab to AdWords accounts.
- Today's Outsourced Column
Chris Boggs gives An Insider's View of what life is like at Avenue A/Razorfish, and breaks down some common roles within agency teams.
- 6% of Web Sites are Real Estate Related
A February 2007 Netcraft survey says that of the 108 million sites on the web, academics estimate 6% of these are about real estate.
- Genie's Searching For Gamers
Gaming has become GenieKnows' lead offering, and is even presented as the default search on their site.
- Active Athletes In The Lead
Maybe there is a point where verticals can be connected to create critical mass.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Google Site Operator: an Ode to Thee, Brian White
- The 10 Commandments of Search, SEO Refugee
- Yahoo to Use Query Histories to Improve Search Results?, SEO by the Sea
- Q&A With Google Personalization Gurus Sep Kamvar and Marissa Mayer, Search Engine Land
- The Life Time Value of Links Based on Google Webmaster Central, Search Engine Roundtable
- YouTube Lining Up Summer Ads, Red Herring
- SEMPO SEO Training Levels Up, WebProNews
- Why The Digg Button Gets You Buried, Not Dugg, Pronet Advertising
- Google + Doubleclick = Re-defining Advertising's Currency, ThoughtShapers
- AOL One Step Behind Again: New Home Page Identical To Yahoo, TechCrunch
- FT Looks at GoogleClick - From Another Planet, ClickZ
- Google Website Optimizer, Part 2, ClickZ
- DoubleClick and Google, Part 2: The Reality, ClickZ
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!