Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Microsoft Ad Revenues Up 23%
Advertising revenue grew by 23 percent, and the company is actually ahead of last year's monetization goals for adCenter.
- Is Zunch Communications' Bankruptcy a Sign of Things to Come?
Zunch is spinning this bankruptcy as a part of a larger trend coming to the industry, but others say that's not the case.
- Google Adding Print Purchasing to AdWords Interface
To improve their sales numbers for print media, Google is adding a Print Tab to AdWords accounts.
- Today's Outsourced Column
Chris Boggs gives An Insider's View of what life is like at Avenue A/Razorfish, and breaks down some common roles within agency teams.
- 6% of Web Sites are Real Estate Related
A February 2007 Netcraft survey says that of the 108 million sites on the web, academics estimate 6% of these are about real estate.
- Genie's Searching For Gamers
Gaming has become GenieKnows' lead offering, and is even presented as the default search on their site.
- Active Athletes In The Lead
Maybe there is a point where verticals can be connected to create critical mass.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Google Site Operator: an Ode to Thee, Brian White
- The 10 Commandments of Search, SEO Refugee
- Yahoo to Use Query Histories to Improve Search Results?, SEO by the Sea
- Q&A With Google Personalization Gurus Sep Kamvar and Marissa Mayer, Search Engine Land
- The Life Time Value of Links Based on Google Webmaster Central, Search Engine Roundtable
- YouTube Lining Up Summer Ads, Red Herring
- SEMPO SEO Training Levels Up, WebProNews
- Why The Digg Button Gets You Buried, Not Dugg, Pronet Advertising
- Google + Doubleclick = Re-defining Advertising's Currency, ThoughtShapers
- AOL One Step Behind Again: New Home Page Identical To Yahoo, TechCrunch
- FT Looks at GoogleClick - From Another Planet, ClickZ
- Google Website Optimizer, Part 2, ClickZ
- DoubleClick and Google, Part 2: The Reality, ClickZ
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!