Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Hitwise Tracks the Storm of Online News and Media
A new report from Hitwise maps the current state of the online news and media industry.
- Google Fights Back in Viacom/YouTube Copyright Suit
Google denies all allegations in the lawsuit filed by Viacom in March for $1 billion as a result of alleged copyright infringement on YouTube.
- Neo@Ogilvy Partners with SEMDirector
The digital media agency will begin providing its clients with SEMDirector's search marketing automation technology.
- Google's iGoogle Announcement
Google's new iGoogle Personalized Homepage service includes a variety of new features, and more insight into where Google is going with personalized search.
- Yahoo Panama Announcement Shows Up Multiple Account Difficulties
When you have all sorts of international accounts (remember Yahoo gives a different account for each country), and in some cases multiple accounts in those countries, it gets tough.
- Forbes Spreads Supplemental FUD
The sensationalistic Forbes article "Condemned To Google Hell" tries to explain Google's supplemental index, but ends up spreading more FUD.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Key Differences Between Yahoo Search Marketing & Google AdWords, Search Engine Land
- Why Are Engines Still Pushing The Content Network?, SEMGeek
- Your Internal Departments and Your SEO Firm - A Play in Five Acts, MediumBlue
- 10 Helpful Hints for Creating Strong Web Site Content, 10e20
- Open the Market with ADSDAQ, ContextWeb
- More Ad Exchange Hubbub: ContextWeb's Adsdaq, alarm:clock
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!