Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Hitwise Tracks the Storm of Online News and Media
A new report from Hitwise maps the current state of the online news and media industry.
- Google Fights Back in Viacom/YouTube Copyright Suit
Google denies all allegations in the lawsuit filed by Viacom in March for $1 billion as a result of alleged copyright infringement on YouTube.
- Neo@Ogilvy Partners with SEMDirector
The digital media agency will begin providing its clients with SEMDirector's search marketing automation technology.
- Google's iGoogle Announcement
Google's new iGoogle Personalized Homepage service includes a variety of new features, and more insight into where Google is going with personalized search.
- Yahoo Panama Announcement Shows Up Multiple Account Difficulties
When you have all sorts of international accounts (remember Yahoo gives a different account for each country), and in some cases multiple accounts in those countries, it gets tough.
- Forbes Spreads Supplemental FUD
The sensationalistic Forbes article "Condemned To Google Hell" tries to explain Google's supplemental index, but ends up spreading more FUD.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Key Differences Between Yahoo Search Marketing & Google AdWords, Search Engine Land
- Why Are Engines Still Pushing The Content Network?, SEMGeek
- Your Internal Departments and Your SEO Firm - A Play in Five Acts, MediumBlue
- 10 Helpful Hints for Creating Strong Web Site Content, 10e20
- Open the Market with ADSDAQ, ContextWeb
- More Ad Exchange Hubbub: ContextWeb's Adsdaq, alarm:clock
Marketers Rejoice! ClickZ has launched ClickZ Live, an educational series to bring you innovative online marketing strategies and techniques. Learn to construct and successfully execute multi-channel marketing campaigns, plus identify key metrics and translate them into actionable plans.
Thursday, July 18: ClickZ Live will be in Vancouver, BC. Register before July 1 to save $100!