Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Yahoo Lets Webmasters ID Non-Essential Page Elements
Using a new "robots-nocontent" attribute, webmasters will soon be able to tell Yahoo's spiders that certain elements or sections of a page are not the real "content" of the page.
- Citysearch Updates Site, Adds Video
IAC-owned local search site Citysearch has redesigned its site, and has added new features like improved recommendations and video.
- What will be the Downfall of Google?
Andrew Goodman recently discussed a way that Google could lose its stranglehold on the search market.
- Eric Ward Podcast
Eric Enge and Eric Ward recently did a podcast about link building, focusing on personalization and Google's new spam reporting moves.
- ClickZ Specifics Events in May: Web Metrics, Social Media
Two ClickZ Specifics events taking place in New York this month may be of interest to search marketers.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Google Might Buy NBC, Dow Jones (Walmart, Amazon, Pepsi....), Search Engine Land
- Whither Mobile Search?, Small Business SEM
- The Definitive Search Engine Result Comparison - An Investigative Report, SEO'Brien
- Link Building Basics: Why your link strategy sucks, SEO Theory
- Another Example of “Intelligence” Mined from Shopping Search, ResourceShelf
- Search Engine Reputation Monitoring, ClickZ
- Click Fraud: New Definition and Methodology to Assess Generic Traffic Quality, Web Analytics Association
- Why Silverlight Is Important, TechCrunch
- MIX07 Session Recordings Available, Visit Mix
- Comscore and NetRatings Agree to IAB Metrics Meeting, ClickZ
Introducing... ClickZ Live!
SES Conference & Expo has merged with ClickZ to bring you ClickZ Live! The new global conference series takes on the identity of the industry's premier digital marketing publication, ClickZ.com, and kicks off March 31-April 3 in New York City. Join the industry's leading tech-advertisers in the advertising capital of the world! Find out more ››
*Super Saver Rates expire Jan 24.