Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Yahoo Lets Webmasters ID Non-Essential Page Elements
Using a new "robots-nocontent" attribute, webmasters will soon be able to tell Yahoo's spiders that certain elements or sections of a page are not the real "content" of the page.
- Citysearch Updates Site, Adds Video
IAC-owned local search site Citysearch has redesigned its site, and has added new features like improved recommendations and video.
- What will be the Downfall of Google?
Andrew Goodman recently discussed a way that Google could lose its stranglehold on the search market.
- Eric Ward Podcast
Eric Enge and Eric Ward recently did a podcast about link building, focusing on personalization and Google's new spam reporting moves.
- ClickZ Specifics Events in May: Web Metrics, Social Media
Two ClickZ Specifics events taking place in New York this month may be of interest to search marketers.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Google Might Buy NBC, Dow Jones (Walmart, Amazon, Pepsi....), Search Engine Land
- Whither Mobile Search?, Small Business SEM
- The Definitive Search Engine Result Comparison - An Investigative Report, SEO'Brien
- Link Building Basics: Why your link strategy sucks, SEO Theory
- Another Example of “Intelligence” Mined from Shopping Search, ResourceShelf
- Search Engine Reputation Monitoring, ClickZ
- Click Fraud: New Definition and Methodology to Assess Generic Traffic Quality, Web Analytics Association
- Why Silverlight Is Important, TechCrunch
- MIX07 Session Recordings Available, Visit Mix
- Comscore and NetRatings Agree to IAB Metrics Meeting, ClickZ
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!