Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Yahoo Lets Webmasters ID Non-Essential Page Elements
Using a new "robots-nocontent" attribute, webmasters will soon be able to tell Yahoo's spiders that certain elements or sections of a page are not the real "content" of the page.
- Citysearch Updates Site, Adds Video
IAC-owned local search site Citysearch has redesigned its site, and has added new features like improved recommendations and video.
- What will be the Downfall of Google?
Andrew Goodman recently discussed a way that Google could lose its stranglehold on the search market.
- Eric Ward Podcast
Eric Enge and Eric Ward recently did a podcast about link building, focusing on personalization and Google's new spam reporting moves.
- ClickZ Specifics Events in May: Web Metrics, Social Media
Two ClickZ Specifics events taking place in New York this month may be of interest to search marketers.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Google Might Buy NBC, Dow Jones (Walmart, Amazon, Pepsi....), Search Engine Land
- Whither Mobile Search?, Small Business SEM
- The Definitive Search Engine Result Comparison - An Investigative Report, SEO'Brien
- Link Building Basics: Why your link strategy sucks, SEO Theory
- Another Example of “Intelligence” Mined from Shopping Search, ResourceShelf
- Search Engine Reputation Monitoring, ClickZ
- Click Fraud: New Definition and Methodology to Assess Generic Traffic Quality, Web Analytics Association
- Why Silverlight Is Important, TechCrunch
- MIX07 Session Recordings Available, Visit Mix
- Comscore and NetRatings Agree to IAB Metrics Meeting, ClickZ
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!