Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Ask Brings the Algorithm Mainstream
Ask.com's recent offline advertising campaign is shifting into high gear to build up buzz around Ask's upcoming Edison algorithm.
- Quintura For Kids: Another Search Engine For Kids
The space is a tough one and I think possibly one that has overreached itself.
- YouTube Set to Test Marketability of SciFi Film
YouTube is using a new animated science fiction show, Afterworld, to test their marketing abilities.
- MyQuest: India's Exclusive Local Search Engine
MyQuest.com is looking to dominate the local search space in one of the world's most populous countries.
- SearchQB.com: A Great Google Custom Search Example
An innovative use of Google Custom Search - SeachQB.com - launched last week before the NFL Draft. The site plans to be "the search engine of choice for football scouts, GMs, journalists, and gridiron fanatics"
- Wiki Search Adds Jabber Founder to Team
Jeremie Miller, founder of the open instant messaging service, is joining the Wiki Search project.
- Yahoo Brings Mobile OneSearch to Canada, Europe
Yahoo today launched its OneSearch mobile search application in Canada and five countries in Europe
- Microsoft Buys Mobile Ad Firm
Microsoft has acquired Paris-based mobile ad network ScreenTonic, which serves text and display ads to mobile phones and devices in Belgium, France and the U.K.
- Google (but not Google News) indexes Belgian newspapers again
Copiepresse's Belgian French-language newspapers from are back in Google, but they are still in talks about Google News, one of the main parts of their dispute.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- VW Search Spam: Just Good Design?, Johnon.com
- Google Goes Wireless, Business Week
- Q1 Revenues: Idearc and AOL, Screenwerk
- How Linking Between Documents Could Have Allowed Google to Group Search Results, SEO by the Sea
- Google Buying Wall Street Journal? When Donkeys Fly!, Search Engine Journal
- Why You Should Deep-Link Your Blog, Search Engine Journal
- SEW - Live! Columbus, OH, Search Engine Strategies Blog
- Cabela's Learns Valuable SEO Lesson, WebProNews
- John Scott on Link Building, v7n
- Selling Local to the National Channel: Who Inherits the Wind?, The Kelsey Group Blog
- No Goals - No Analytics!, SiteLogic
- The Algorithm is On The Move, Ask.com blog
- Matching Specific Transactions to Specific Keywords, Google Analytics Blog
- IAC Web Ad Revenue Up as Ask.com Campaign Launches, ClickZ
- Pipes Adds Interactive Yahoo! Maps, KML Support (and More), Yahoo Pipes blog
- Earnings: TWX: AOL Ad Growth For The Rest Of ‘07 Not Expected To Match 1Q's 40 Percent, paidContent
- Avenue A/Razorfish Measures Rich Internet Applications, ClickZ
- Return To The Search Engine Shoot-Out, Search Engine Land
- The Art Of SEO For Wikipedia & 16 Tips To Gain Respect, Search Engine Land
- SEO Contest: Help People, Get Training, Go to SMX, Bruce Clay Blog
- The Day The Digging Died, Graywolf SEO Blog
- Reader's Choice Search Marketing Resources, Online Marketing Blog
- Web Design and Marketing for The Folks You Forgot, Cre8pc
Marketers Rejoice! ClickZ has launched ClickZ Live, an educational series to bring you innovative online marketing strategies and techniques. Learn to construct and successfully execute multi-channel marketing campaigns, plus identify key metrics and translate them into actionable plans.
Thursday, July 18: ClickZ Live will be in Vancouver, BC. Register before July 1 to save $100!