Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Yahoo and Microsoft Planning Merger Talks?
A little unfounded speculation for a Friday: Microsoft is asking Yahoo to consider a merger.
- Yahoo Photos Shutting Down, But Who's Telling the Users?
Yahoo is shutting down its Yahoo Photos service, and encouraging users to migrate to its Flickr photo-sharing service, but they still haven't told their users.
- Is Microsoft Driving Low-Quality Traffic to its Search Ads?
Microsoft is running ads through IntelliTXT, the much-maligned inline text ad provider. Traffic from those ads does not seem to convert well for some.
- YouTube to Pay Top Users
Google's YouTube will begin paying top users for the video content they submit under a new revenue sharing partner program that will let the creators share in AdSense revenue generated by their videos.
- Local.com on a Roll
Local.com has announced new enhancements to its SERPs, days after it launched its Local Verified ad placement product and weeks after the LocalPromote landing page product launch.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Does Microsoft Need an Ad Network?, ClickZ
- Breaking: Yahoo To Shut Down Yahoo Photos In Favor Of Flickr, TechCrunch
- Why Microsoft + Yahoo! makes sense – and why it won't work, Charlene Li
- Microsoft Prevents Ask.com from Running Ads on Facebook?, ClickZ
- Does W3C compliance and accessibility impact your Search Engine Optimization, Graywolf's SEO Blog
- Web Metrics That Actually Add Up, ClickZ
- SEO: The Difference Between SEO and Search Engine Positioning, 15 Degrees North
- 6 Common Retail SEO Pitfalls (and How to Avoid Them)
- Back from WebSearch University, Google Librarian Central
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!