Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Yahoo and Microsoft Planning Merger Talks?
A little unfounded speculation for a Friday: Microsoft is asking Yahoo to consider a merger.
- Yahoo Photos Shutting Down, But Who's Telling the Users?
Yahoo is shutting down its Yahoo Photos service, and encouraging users to migrate to its Flickr photo-sharing service, but they still haven't told their users.
- Is Microsoft Driving Low-Quality Traffic to its Search Ads?
Microsoft is running ads through IntelliTXT, the much-maligned inline text ad provider. Traffic from those ads does not seem to convert well for some.
- YouTube to Pay Top Users
Google's YouTube will begin paying top users for the video content they submit under a new revenue sharing partner program that will let the creators share in AdSense revenue generated by their videos.
- Local.com on a Roll
Local.com has announced new enhancements to its SERPs, days after it launched its Local Verified ad placement product and weeks after the LocalPromote landing page product launch.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Does Microsoft Need an Ad Network?, ClickZ
- Breaking: Yahoo To Shut Down Yahoo Photos In Favor Of Flickr, TechCrunch
- Why Microsoft + Yahoo! makes sense – and why it won't work, Charlene Li
- Microsoft Prevents Ask.com from Running Ads on Facebook?, ClickZ
- Does W3C compliance and accessibility impact your Search Engine Optimization, Graywolf's SEO Blog
- Web Metrics That Actually Add Up, ClickZ
- SEO: The Difference Between SEO and Search Engine Positioning, 15 Degrees North
- 6 Common Retail SEO Pitfalls (and How to Avoid Them)
- Back from WebSearch University, Google Librarian Central
What's New for 2015?
You spoke, we listened! ClickZ Live New York (Mar 30-Apr 1) is back with a brand new streamlined agenda. Don't miss the latest digital marketing tips, tricks and tools that will make you re-think your strategy and revolutionize your marketing campaigns. Super Saver Rates are available now. Register today!