Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Selling or Servicing?
There's still a world of value SEOs can add by optimizing for users, and helping marketers understand how online viral linking can happen.
- Web Analytics Shootout Data Released
Stone Temple Consulting (STC) has released the first findings from its 2007 Web Analytics Shootout: a competitive comparison of 7 Web analytics vendors.
- Sphere revamps its blog search site
Sphere has revamped its blog search site to focus more on recent activity, and surfacing related content to search queries from Sphere widget partners
- Technorati includes "Authority" ranking of blogs
Before last Friday, Technorati's ranking was by the number of inbound links. Now, it's by "Authority."
- Press Releases Can Be Good, But When They're Bad They're Ridiculous
Misleading press releases can make it difficult for potential SEO customers to know who to hire.
- Online Journal analyzes Belgian newspaper dispute with Google News
The Belgian newspaper group's dispute with Google News is a reality check for newspapers.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- NY Post gloats over Microsoft-Yahoo 'scoop'Todd Bishop's Microsoft Blog
- Introducing AdWords Editor 3.5, Inside AdWords
- Different Search Marketing Tactics Require Differe..., WebMama
- Confirmed: MySpace To Acquire Photobucket For $250 Million, TechCrunch
- On Selling SEO Consulting, v7n
- Negative Keyword Tool...Google's Expanded Broad Match Antidote?, Think About Search
- SEM expert Jill Whalen on organic search engine optimization, Google and more, Pandia
- About.com Buys ConsumerSearch.com
- Fear of Google, Scobleizer
- Hacking Your Way To Number One, EvilGreenMonkey
- Yahoo Keeps Keyword Inventory Tool on Life Support, Marketing Pilgrim
- Yahoo Information Navigation Interface, SEO by the Sea
- Geo Targeted Advertising for Google Maps and Google Earth, SEO by the Sea
- Sorry, Folks: Link Building Is Just Harder Now, Tropical SEO
- Have I got a niche for you!, SEO Scoop
- Why I Love the Google's Supplemental Index, SEO Book
- Search Engines Giving You the Tools to Kill Yourself, SEO Book
- Windows Live Hotmail launches; "Windows Live Mail" to succeed Outlook Express and Windows Mail, LiveSide
- How to use the h1 heading tag, Improve the Web
- Google Gadgets are now an AdSense unit, Niall Kennedy
- Optimizing site launches, SEO Theory
- A Redesign Isn't About Design, Accessible Web Design
- 17 ways to beat Google - Search innovations and who is doing them, Don Dodge
- Best SEO Contests and Ratings, ClickZ
- Paid Search Doesn't Scale for Brand Advertisers, ClickZ
- NBC U And Viacom File Brief Supporting LA Copyright Case Against YouTube, Google, paidContent
- Technorati and the "A-Word.", Global Neighbourhoods
- Photobucket goes to Myspace, ValleyWag
Early Bird Rates have been extended!
June 12-14, 2013: Join industry experts at SES Toronto for a crash course in the latest strategies in Online Marketing and Advertising.
Save $300 when you register by Thursday, May 23.