Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Selling or Servicing?
There's still a world of value SEOs can add by optimizing for users, and helping marketers understand how online viral linking can happen.
- Web Analytics Shootout Data Released
Stone Temple Consulting (STC) has released the first findings from its 2007 Web Analytics Shootout: a competitive comparison of 7 Web analytics vendors.
- Sphere revamps its blog search site
Sphere has revamped its blog search site to focus more on recent activity, and surfacing related content to search queries from Sphere widget partners
- Technorati includes "Authority" ranking of blogs
Before last Friday, Technorati's ranking was by the number of inbound links. Now, it's by "Authority."
- Press Releases Can Be Good, But When They're Bad They're Ridiculous
Misleading press releases can make it difficult for potential SEO customers to know who to hire.
- Online Journal analyzes Belgian newspaper dispute with Google News
The Belgian newspaper group's dispute with Google News is a reality check for newspapers.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- NY Post gloats over Microsoft-Yahoo 'scoop'Todd Bishop's Microsoft Blog
- Introducing AdWords Editor 3.5, Inside AdWords
- Different Search Marketing Tactics Require Differe..., WebMama
- Confirmed: MySpace To Acquire Photobucket For $250 Million, TechCrunch
- On Selling SEO Consulting, v7n
- Negative Keyword Tool...Google's Expanded Broad Match Antidote?, Think About Search
- SEM expert Jill Whalen on organic search engine optimization, Google and more, Pandia
- About.com Buys ConsumerSearch.com
- Fear of Google, Scobleizer
- Hacking Your Way To Number One, EvilGreenMonkey
- Yahoo Keeps Keyword Inventory Tool on Life Support, Marketing Pilgrim
- Yahoo Information Navigation Interface, SEO by the Sea
- Geo Targeted Advertising for Google Maps and Google Earth, SEO by the Sea
- Sorry, Folks: Link Building Is Just Harder Now, Tropical SEO
- Have I got a niche for you!, SEO Scoop
- Why I Love the Google's Supplemental Index, SEO Book
- Search Engines Giving You the Tools to Kill Yourself, SEO Book
- Windows Live Hotmail launches; "Windows Live Mail" to succeed Outlook Express and Windows Mail, LiveSide
- How to use the h1 heading tag, Improve the Web
- Google Gadgets are now an AdSense unit, Niall Kennedy
- Optimizing site launches, SEO Theory
- A Redesign Isn't About Design, Accessible Web Design
- 17 ways to beat Google - Search innovations and who is doing them, Don Dodge
- Best SEO Contests and Ratings, ClickZ
- Paid Search Doesn't Scale for Brand Advertisers, ClickZ
- NBC U And Viacom File Brief Supporting LA Copyright Case Against YouTube, Google, paidContent
- Technorati and the "A-Word.", Global Neighbourhoods
- Photobucket goes to Myspace, ValleyWag
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!