Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Setting Up Search in Large Organizations
Melanie Mitchell, VP of SEO/SEM at AOL, offers the first of a three-part series about her experience building the in-house search practice of AOL.
- New Release of Google Analytics
With this release, Google Analytics closes the gap between their solution and that of many of the more expensive analytics products.
- More Search Marketers Weigh in on Paid Links
Li Evans has collected the opinions of 10 search marketers on buying links for clients, and on sites that sell links but don't indicate they're paid links.
- blinkx Adds French VODEO.TV Content
Through a partnership with VODEO.TV, a video-on-demand French language portal, video search engine blinkx has added 1500 hours of French television content to its index.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Top 5 Ways to Lose Your Great Search Engine Rankings Fast!, SEO Scoop
- Stanford's New PageRank Patent, SEO by the Sea
- Newspapers Amok! New York Times Spamming Google? LA Times Hijacking Cars.com?, Search Engine Land
- Are You Bidding Correctly On AdWords? A Close Look At The Four Bid Options, Search Engine Land
- Bad SEM Agencies: Theft, Incompetence, Sloth, Ignorance, Shallowness, and Greed, Rimm-Kaufman Group
- Knowing Your Visitors Through Website Traffic Analysis, 15 Digital Marketing
- Do Nofollow Links Count?, Link Building Blog
- Silly myths many SEOs still believe, SEO Theory
- Targeting the Two Intentions of Users, Optimize & Prophesize
- Social Traffic: Useless Gossip or Powerful Word of Mouth, SiteLogic
- Paid Links Debate - The Experts Weigh In. Search Marketing Gurus
- Top 15 Web 2.0 Startups in Europe?, Read/Write Web
- The New York Times flexes it's SEO Muscle, Johnon.com
- First Evening at Microsoft's SAS: Aha!, Battelle's Searchblog
- Who Should Own Web Analytics?, ClickZ
- My life without Google, Center Networks
- Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Gary Price, Ask.com Blog
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!