Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- So...Should We, or Shouldn't We?
A debate has emerged about the importance of "the small stuff" in SEO.
- Google Cleans Up Google News
Some recent housecleaning at Google News has resulted in the removal of some controversial foreign news sources that appeared to be gaming the Google News algorithm.
- Bid4Spots Radio Ad Auction Launches in U.K.
Bid4Spots, a competitor to Google Audio Ads, announced plans to launch an auction for remnant radio ads in the U.K.
- Last.fm and Music Video Search Tools
The music video search niche is being filled by a growing number of tools for the music video enthusiast.
- Google Launches New "Geo" Blog
Google has started the Lat Long Blog, focusing on Google Earth, Maps, Local and APIs.
- WebSideStory Rebrands itself as Visual Sciences
The Visual Sciences brand brings to mind higher end analytics solutions for sites with more complex needs.
- Event Search Engine: Oyaka.com
Have a date in mind, go here and see what events are listed in your area.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Gates sees accelerated decline of traditional media's ad model, Seattle Times
- Google, Yahoo and Microsoft in NAA Cage Match, ClickZ
- Don't Sweat the Small SEO Stuff, Search Engine Land
- Small Business Advantages: Being Responsive, Search Engine Land
- SEC Watch: Google Spent $28.6 Million in Two Small Acquisitions in Q1, paidContent
- World Wide Web of Widgets, Read/Write Web
- Underappreciated Print, Forbes
- Search Engine Marketing - on its Last Legs, Web Analytics World
- The Three Cs of Search, Search Insider
- Adam Lasnik of Google Responds to Webmasters Again, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google and the "www" Issue, Stepforth SEO
- 24/7 Real Media On The Block, Officially, paidContent
- Fox To Offer MySpace Extra Promo For SuperBowl Advertisers, paidContent
- SES Latino Coming Soon - I need data!, WebMama
- The Art and Science of Local Search Databases, ClickZ
- How Would You Undo the Google FUD and Brainwashing, Threadwatch
- The SEO Bubble, SEO Book
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!