Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- From Online Research to Offline Shopping
A new report from Accenture reveals that the majority of product research happens online, while the majority of purchases resulting from that research happen offline.
- Exalead Enhancements to Image Search
The French search provider has been actively rolling out new features as of late.
- News from the Google Shareholder Meeting
Google held its annual shareholder meeting yesterday at the Googleplex.
- Search-Related Legal Updates
Santa Clara University law professor Eric Goldman, on his Technology and Marketing Law blog, has updates on several search-related laws or lawsuits this week.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Amazon's A9 Site Gets a Makeover, Resource Shelf
- How Local Businesses Can Win with Search, iMedia Connection
- Out-Googled, The Economist
- Google's Annual Meeting: More Entertainment Than News, Business Week Tech Beat
- Yahoo Contest Giving $25k Away in Advertising, Online Marketing Blog
- The New Google Analytics is So Not Cool, Googlified
- Google Image Labeler Is More Exciting, Google Operating System
- The Resurrection: PageRank, Sitewide Links and META Tags are Back!, Tropical SEO
- Reclaim the Link Popularity You Have Already Earned, Stepforth SEO
- Google search by employer not illegal, say judges, Ars Technica
- Microsoft and Yahoo: Match or Misery?, ClickZ
- The Difference Between ROI and Marketing Accountability, ClickZ
- From My Inbox: More Defense Of SEO, Search Engine Land
- Google Gets A Tag Line: "Search, Ads & Apps", Search Engine Land
- 24/7 Real Media Confirms It's For Sale, ClickZ
- Search Insider Summit Wrap Up, Online Marketing Blog
- Court Says No Harm Done in Google Search on Employee, CSO
- How Popular is Your Domain?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Personalization: Google's Defensible Trump Card?, Out of My Gord
- Yahoo's Clickable Map Advertising with Product Inventory Displays, SEO by the Sea
- Google AdWords Expert - Exclusive Interview, MindValley Labs
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!