Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- From Online Research to Offline Shopping
A new report from Accenture reveals that the majority of product research happens online, while the majority of purchases resulting from that research happen offline.
- Exalead Enhancements to Image Search
The French search provider has been actively rolling out new features as of late.
- News from the Google Shareholder Meeting
Google held its annual shareholder meeting yesterday at the Googleplex.
- Search-Related Legal Updates
Santa Clara University law professor Eric Goldman, on his Technology and Marketing Law blog, has updates on several search-related laws or lawsuits this week.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Amazon's A9 Site Gets a Makeover, Resource Shelf
- How Local Businesses Can Win with Search, iMedia Connection
- Out-Googled, The Economist
- Google's Annual Meeting: More Entertainment Than News, Business Week Tech Beat
- Yahoo Contest Giving $25k Away in Advertising, Online Marketing Blog
- The New Google Analytics is So Not Cool, Googlified
- Google Image Labeler Is More Exciting, Google Operating System
- The Resurrection: PageRank, Sitewide Links and META Tags are Back!, Tropical SEO
- Reclaim the Link Popularity You Have Already Earned, Stepforth SEO
- Google search by employer not illegal, say judges, Ars Technica
- Microsoft and Yahoo: Match or Misery?, ClickZ
- The Difference Between ROI and Marketing Accountability, ClickZ
- From My Inbox: More Defense Of SEO, Search Engine Land
- Google Gets A Tag Line: "Search, Ads & Apps", Search Engine Land
- 24/7 Real Media Confirms It's For Sale, ClickZ
- Search Insider Summit Wrap Up, Online Marketing Blog
- Court Says No Harm Done in Google Search on Employee, CSO
- How Popular is Your Domain?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Personalization: Google's Defensible Trump Card?, Out of My Gord
- Yahoo's Clickable Map Advertising with Product Inventory Displays, SEO by the Sea
- Google AdWords Expert - Exclusive Interview, MindValley Labs
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!