Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Matt Cutts' Paid Links Update
The head of Google's Webspam team, has added some clarification to his post about Google's treatment of paid links.
- Starting a New Link Campaign
Good link building always starts with identifying the targets.
- Forget Demographics Google May Soon Offer Psychological Profiling
Google has submitted a patent for psychological profiling of users. The patent outlines the ability to profile game users by their chat conversations and other text-based interaction with the games.
- Is Segmentation Next Big Thing In Web Marketing?
It is an important element in the marketing mix, though at times a tricky one to apply to search.
- Tomi Poutanen Talks About Social Search
Eric Enge talks with the senior director of product management for Yahoo Answers and del.icio.us.
- The Greening of Search Engines
Call it a sign of the times, a cheap marketing ploy or both mixed together. Search engines are touting their environmental friendliness in many ways.
- Yahoo Being Sued For Faulty Ad Platform
This one should not get too far, and if it does Yahoo may as well get out of search.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Google Without Ads: Yecchy, Traffick
- Segmenting Search Intent, SEOmoz
- More Google SERPs Testing, Online Marketing Blog
- Are Search Engine Rankings Dead?, Online Marketing Blog
- Why does Google remember information about searches?, Google Blog
- Microsoft's Strategic Account Summit: Wooing Advertisers, ClickZ
- Dissecting Google's Supplemental Index, ClickZ
- MyBlogLog to Rebrand and Make Significant Changes, David Dalka
- We need better statistics..., Scobleizer
- More domains, more search, Information World Review
- The search engine that really hits the spot
- All “friends” aren't created equal! (why we need better relationship marking in social networks), Adam Lasnik
- When Google Goes Temporarily Insane, Search Engine Land
- Search Engine Friendly is NOT Search Engine Optimized, Search Engine Guide
- Recapping SEW Live: Columbus, Search Engine Guide
- Internal Departments & Your SEO Firm - A Play, Search Engine Guide
- Matt Cutts of Google Comments on "-950 Penalty" as "Over Optimization Penalty", Search Engine Roundtable
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!