Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- ChaCha Partners with blinkx for Video Search
ChaCha, a search engine that search engine that uses human guides to enhance its search results, has announced a partnership with video search engine blinkx for multimedia content.
- Google Webmaster Group Calls for Backup
Google's Webmaster Help group is getting some much-needed backup in the form of additional Google Search Quality team members.
- Google Audio Ads See Broad Release
Google is in the process of making Audio Ads available to U.S. AdWords advertisers.
- It's Raining Search Engines
It looks like 2007 will be the year of the niche search engines.
- Internet Search Engine Database launches ISEdb SCOOP
It presents search engine industry news in such a way that user-appreciated information is pushed to the top of the overflowing pile.
- Autobytel Selects Kosmix as Vertical Search Partner
Autobytel has selected Kosmix to power an auto-focused vertical search engine on their "next generation consumer automotive Web site," MyRide.com.
- Yahoo Names New CFO
Yahoo announced today it will appoint Blake Jorgensen, the co-founder of Thomas Weisel Partners, as their new Chief Financial Officer.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- adCenter Feature Review: Bulk Keyword Edits and Ad Preview, adCenter Blog
- Handing Over the Keys to Your Google AdWords Account, Search Engine Roundtable
- Things Sure Are Quiet At MySpace News, TechCrunch
- Why does Google retain data? Because nonexistent laws tell it to, ars technica
- Forty-Eight Hours With Ask Mobile, Search Engine Land
- IAC to spend $100 mln on Ask brand in 2007: Diller, Reuters
- Your Paid Search Performance Is Relative, Search Engine Land
- Forrester Prediction: Paid Video Downloads are Dead, SearchViews
- Why You Need a "Chief Listening Officer", Marketing Pilgrim
- The Misguided Hype Of Transparency, Search Insider
- Bad SEO article - about SEO and articles no less, The Online Marketing Guy
- AOL Acquires Mobile Ad Firm Third Screen Media, ClickZ
- How many search engines are in your SEO world?, SEO Theory
- Being There for Your Customers, Yahoo Search Marketing Blog
- ChaCha and blinkx Announce Partnership, Read/Write Web
- 65 Headlines to Jump Start your Linkbait, Cornwall SEO
- Does Google Frown On Links From Paid Directories?, SearchRank
- Study Concludes Robots.txt Files Should be Replaced, SEO by the Sea
- ASK Mobile GPS Provides a Glimpse of What is to Come, Stepforth SEO
- Geo Targeting Ranking Factors, Venture Skills
- In/Outbound Link Management for the In-House Crowd, cshel
JUNE SALE! Save 15%*
Save on all e-learning certification courses, including: SEO, Social Media, Online Marketing Foundation, Web Analytics and more. Enter CZAJU at checkout »
Offer expires June 30. *Discount not applicable on SES Online products.