Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- ChaCha Partners with blinkx for Video Search
ChaCha, a search engine that search engine that uses human guides to enhance its search results, has announced a partnership with video search engine blinkx for multimedia content.
- Google Webmaster Group Calls for Backup
Google's Webmaster Help group is getting some much-needed backup in the form of additional Google Search Quality team members.
- Google Audio Ads See Broad Release
Google is in the process of making Audio Ads available to U.S. AdWords advertisers.
- It's Raining Search Engines
It looks like 2007 will be the year of the niche search engines.
- Internet Search Engine Database launches ISEdb SCOOP
It presents search engine industry news in such a way that user-appreciated information is pushed to the top of the overflowing pile.
- Autobytel Selects Kosmix as Vertical Search Partner
Autobytel has selected Kosmix to power an auto-focused vertical search engine on their "next generation consumer automotive Web site," MyRide.com.
- Yahoo Names New CFO
Yahoo announced today it will appoint Blake Jorgensen, the co-founder of Thomas Weisel Partners, as their new Chief Financial Officer.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- adCenter Feature Review: Bulk Keyword Edits and Ad Preview, adCenter Blog
- Handing Over the Keys to Your Google AdWords Account, Search Engine Roundtable
- Things Sure Are Quiet At MySpace News, TechCrunch
- Why does Google retain data? Because nonexistent laws tell it to, ars technica
- Forty-Eight Hours With Ask Mobile, Search Engine Land
- IAC to spend $100 mln on Ask brand in 2007: Diller, Reuters
- Your Paid Search Performance Is Relative, Search Engine Land
- Forrester Prediction: Paid Video Downloads are Dead, SearchViews
- Why You Need a "Chief Listening Officer", Marketing Pilgrim
- The Misguided Hype Of Transparency, Search Insider
- Bad SEO article - about SEO and articles no less, The Online Marketing Guy
- AOL Acquires Mobile Ad Firm Third Screen Media, ClickZ
- How many search engines are in your SEO world?, SEO Theory
- Being There for Your Customers, Yahoo Search Marketing Blog
- ChaCha and blinkx Announce Partnership, Read/Write Web
- 65 Headlines to Jump Start your Linkbait, Cornwall SEO
- Does Google Frown On Links From Paid Directories?, SearchRank
- Study Concludes Robots.txt Files Should be Replaced, SEO by the Sea
- ASK Mobile GPS Provides a Glimpse of What is to Come, Stepforth SEO
- Geo Targeting Ranking Factors, Venture Skills
- In/Outbound Link Management for the In-House Crowd, cshel
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!