Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Yahoo Researcher Declares Semantic Web Dead
"There is simply no hope in enforcing a complete set of semantics for media (or content) annotation on the web as a whole."
- Interview with YouTube on Partner Program
Grant Crowell talks with YouTube's Head of Product Marketing Jaime Byrne about the expansion of their revenue-sharing partner program to select users.
- Google Planning Query Enhancements
The first is a technique that will add a supplemental query that Google's algorithm determines may return more relevant results. The second is cross-language information retrieval (CLIR).
- Google Experimental to Offer Sneak Previews
Leading-edge users can now sign up for tests of potential new features or interfaces.
- WPP Snaps Up 24/7 Real Media
Ad agency holding company WPP has acquired 24/7 Real Media for $649 million.
- New Local Search Site: LocalGuides
The site lets users create lists of favorite local businesses, then share those guides with other users.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- The Old Google Search Moves to AOL, Google Operating System
- Google Universal Search means what?, SEO Scoop
- Universal Search and Other Surprises from Google's Searchology, Out of My Gord
- The Tao of Linkbait Method, Cornwall SEO
- 'New' Google: Good Idea, Poor Execution, Marketing Shift
- What Makes Techmeme Tick? Inventor Gabe Rivera Explains, Wired
- Imagine Live Search - Microsoft's Test Site Launches, Search Engine Land
- Jakob Nielsen Sounds Off About Web 2.0... Again!, Read/Write Web
- Interview with Ask's Michael Ferguson, Out of My Gord
- Taking advantage of universal search, Google Webmaster Central Blog
- New Analytics, Calendar Features, Yahoo Search Marketing Blog
- Google goes back to the future with Universal Search, Don Dodge
- Yahoo Maps Get A Makeover, Search Engine Land
- The peril of Google's universal search, Valleywag
- Yahoo & Google's Mission Statements : Do They Connect?, Search Engine Journal
- Why, Hello There MSN Image Search!, SEOmoz
- People say Linkbait when they really mean Linkbait, Cornwall SEO
- Google's Universal Search Patent Application & Assigned Patents from Infoseek, SEO by the Sea
- Google Finally Catches Up with SEO, Small Business SEM
- Why Google Search will NOT rule the Universe!, ZDNet Digital Markets
- When Exact Match Isn't Exactly Exact, Beyond the Paid
- Google 3.0: What the Searchology update means to SEO, SEO Theory
- Could Gaming Social Media Sites Be A Legitimate Form Of Online Advertising?, Publishing 2.0
- Weigh in: What's the perfect search engine?, Powerset Blog
- Aligning Keywords And Landing Pages, Practical Ecommerce
- Top 10 Search Terms in 10 Categories, April 2007, ClickZ
- Summary of Perfect 10 Decision, Technology and Marketing Law
Introducing SES Online
Want to view one of the sessions you missed or listen to an especially informative presenter a second time? SES New York sessions are available for purchase on ClickZ Academy's new e-Learning site. SES is now Online!