Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Fair Isaac Click Fraud Report Spreads False Alarm
Media reports saying Fair Isaac Corp. (FIC) reported industry-wide click fraud at 10 to 15 percent are not accurate.
- Fair Isaac Pegs Billed Click Fraud at 10-15% – IN VERY LIMITED CASES
Preliminary data from a study by Fair Isaac Corp shows that, in the limited cases it was able to study, 10 to 15 percent of billed pay-per-click traffic was likely to be click fraud.
- Microsoft to Acquire AQuantive
The company announced plans to acquire digital marketing agency aQuantive for $6 billion.
- Will Universal Search Drive Growth of Google's Vertical Search Properties?
Exposing other search tools through the traditional web search interface should increase usage of these vertical search tools.
- Online News Is Hottest Video Search Category
According to data released by ClipBlast video news is the fastest-growing category on the Video Web.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Strategies For Inducing Editorial Links, Search Engine Journal
- Google Analytics Not Enterprise Ready : CMS Watch, Search Engine Journal
- Localized Search: A Threat to SEM?, Search Insider
- Yahoo Morale Flagging?, Marketing Pilgrim
- Half-day with Google, Churbuck
- Microsoft Launches Popfly: Mashup App Creator Built On Silverlight, TechCrunch
- Google Universal Search - is Vertical Search Space Finished?, Read/Write Web
- Hello! Google/Microsoft as your Search Marketing Agency??, Webmama
- Microsoft Search Marketing Vs. Google Search Marketing (Beta), Search Engine Land
- The Other Paid Search: Paid Direct Links, ClickZ
- How to Embrace Multichannel Behavior, ClickZ
- Rumour: Google to buy Feedburner, Vecosys
- Branding, SEO Implications for Google Universal Search, ClickZ
Introducing SES Online
Want to view one of the sessions you missed or listen to an especially informative presenter a second time? SES New York sessions are available for purchase on ClickZ Academy's new e-Learning site. SES is now Online!