Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Fair Isaac Click Fraud Report Spreads False Alarm
Media reports saying Fair Isaac Corp. (FIC) reported industry-wide click fraud at 10 to 15 percent are not accurate.
- Fair Isaac Pegs Billed Click Fraud at 10-15% – IN VERY LIMITED CASES
Preliminary data from a study by Fair Isaac Corp shows that, in the limited cases it was able to study, 10 to 15 percent of billed pay-per-click traffic was likely to be click fraud.
- Microsoft to Acquire AQuantive
The company announced plans to acquire digital marketing agency aQuantive for $6 billion.
- Will Universal Search Drive Growth of Google's Vertical Search Properties?
Exposing other search tools through the traditional web search interface should increase usage of these vertical search tools.
- Online News Is Hottest Video Search Category
According to data released by ClipBlast video news is the fastest-growing category on the Video Web.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Strategies For Inducing Editorial Links, Search Engine Journal
- Google Analytics Not Enterprise Ready : CMS Watch, Search Engine Journal
- Localized Search: A Threat to SEM?, Search Insider
- Yahoo Morale Flagging?, Marketing Pilgrim
- Half-day with Google, Churbuck
- Microsoft Launches Popfly: Mashup App Creator Built On Silverlight, TechCrunch
- Google Universal Search - is Vertical Search Space Finished?, Read/Write Web
- Hello! Google/Microsoft as your Search Marketing Agency??, Webmama
- Microsoft Search Marketing Vs. Google Search Marketing (Beta), Search Engine Land
- The Other Paid Search: Paid Direct Links, ClickZ
- How to Embrace Multichannel Behavior, ClickZ
- Rumour: Google to buy Feedburner, Vecosys
- Branding, SEO Implications for Google Universal Search, ClickZ
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates extended through Sept 19. Register today!