Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Universal Search and SEM
Google's move to a "universal search" model is bound to bring changes for both searchers and search marketers.
- Marchex Teams with Fox for Latin Web Sites
The potential of the Latin market is obviously not lost on the Marchex team.
- Top Three SEO Mistakes
SiteLogic's Matt Bailey has distilled the essence of SEO into three common mistakes many businesses make.
- Google Tracking Hot Trends
Google has introduced Hot Trends, "sharing the hottest current searches with you in very close to real time."
- People Search Makes up 30% of All Searches
This is yet another vertical search area where specialized search tools that access uniquely structured databases can do quite well.
- Salesforce.com, Google Partnership Discussions
This move is another direct challenge to Microsoft, which offers CRM products, but also could add an element to Google Analytics.
- Google Is Big Brother
The messages may be mixed, but the intent seems to be focused: "Total Global Domination."
- Changes at SEW: Moving Over Yonder
SEW Editor Elisabeth Osmeloski is departing to join travel search start-up zonder.com.
- SEW Experts: Blog Your Way to the Top
In today's au Natural column, Mark Jackson takes a look at the benefits of blogging on a corporate Web site.
- SEW Experts: Convincing the Executive Team to Invest in SEO
In today's Big Biz column, Aaron Shear shares tips on how to get the executive management team to buy into the idea of search marketing.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Who Should Own Web Analytics?, ClickZ
- Who Should Own Analytics, Part Two, ClickZ
- Who Should Own Web Analytics?, BusinessWeek
- Some People Will Click On Anything, WebProNews
- Guide to Traffic From Digg Comments, SEOmoz
- Tracking Conversion 'Assists' in your Yahoo! PPC campaign, ROI Revolution
- At the Advertising in Social Media Show: Second Life-Loving Agency Quitting Second Life, ClickZ
- What's hot today?, Google Blog
- Busted By The Wikipedia Police, The Link Spiel
- Google Proposes Innovation in Radio Spectrum Auction, NY Times
- The SEO conundrum: Never-ending optimization, SEO Theory
- Sharing Your SEO Knowledge is Good, cshel
- Mastering Quality Score Optimization (QSO)..Do it or Die!, Pepperjam Blog
- Clicks Don't Equal Sales, CPA Affiliates
- Beware the CEO Ego!, WebMama's Look at the Web
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!