Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Search Still Leads Online Ad Spending
According to the IAB, search advertising made up 40 percent of the $16.9 billion spent in the U.S. for online advertising last year.
- Google's Cross-Language Search Launches
The cross-language information retrieval (CLIR) technology which Google VP Udi Manber previewed at Searchology last week has launched.
- Google Patent Details Mobile Search Plans
A new patent application published today may reveal some of Google's plans for mobile search.
- Hakia Holds Concert To Launch Music Search
Hakia is throwing two concerts to promote the launch of their new music search.
- Lee Odden Polls For Best Search Podcast
Lee Odden over at Top Rank Blog asked a number of search marketers for some input on what they consider to be the better search podcasts.
- SEW Experts: Building the Love
It takes more than business basics on a Web site to create link bait, and even a site offering the most mundane products can create compelling content.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Sequoia Leads Trulia's $10 Million Series C, TechCrunch
- Google embark on project to digitise nearly a million Indian scholarly works, Information World Review
- Everything's Local in Mobile Search, ClickZ
- What is Web 3.0?, Scripting News
- Followup on Google's Historical Data Patent Application, SEO by the Sea
- One more, because DOG or FOG is not good to have, Technically Speaking
- Imagining Web 3.0 and Beyond Part 1 – The Mind Blowing Evolution of the Social Web, 3net SEM Blog
- Software Is Media And Microsoft Is Now A Media Company, Publishing 2.0
- Why we attend conferences, Google Webmaster Central Blog
- The road not taken, Google LatLong blog
- Ask Isn't Sweating The Competition, Forbes
- How Alt Search Engines Implemented Universal Search...Well Before Google Did, Read/Write Web
- Setting Search Engine Marketing Metrics - ROI, Think About Search
- Information Architecture is the Most Underrated Component of Effective Search Marketing, SEO Book
- What Google News and Techmeme Could Learn from Each Other, Read/Write Web
- Should You Attend SES Miami if You Don't Target the Latino Market?, Search Engine Roundtable
- What's all the noise about....Google Audio Ads?, Google CPG Blog
- Accidents happen, Inside AdSense
What's New for 2015?
You spoke, we listened! ClickZ Live New York (Mar 30-Apr 1) is back with a brand new streamlined agenda. Don't miss the latest digital marketing tips, tricks and tools that will make you re-think your strategy and revolutionize your marketing campaigns. Super Saver Rates are available now. Register today!