Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Search Still Leads Online Ad Spending
According to the IAB, search advertising made up 40 percent of the $16.9 billion spent in the U.S. for online advertising last year.
- Google's Cross-Language Search Launches
The cross-language information retrieval (CLIR) technology which Google VP Udi Manber previewed at Searchology last week has launched.
- Google Patent Details Mobile Search Plans
A new patent application published today may reveal some of Google's plans for mobile search.
- Hakia Holds Concert To Launch Music Search
Hakia is throwing two concerts to promote the launch of their new music search.
- Lee Odden Polls For Best Search Podcast
Lee Odden over at Top Rank Blog asked a number of search marketers for some input on what they consider to be the better search podcasts.
- SEW Experts: Building the Love
It takes more than business basics on a Web site to create link bait, and even a site offering the most mundane products can create compelling content.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Sequoia Leads Trulia's $10 Million Series C, TechCrunch
- Google embark on project to digitise nearly a million Indian scholarly works, Information World Review
- Everything's Local in Mobile Search, ClickZ
- What is Web 3.0?, Scripting News
- Followup on Google's Historical Data Patent Application, SEO by the Sea
- One more, because DOG or FOG is not good to have, Technically Speaking
- Imagining Web 3.0 and Beyond Part 1 – The Mind Blowing Evolution of the Social Web, 3net SEM Blog
- Software Is Media And Microsoft Is Now A Media Company, Publishing 2.0
- Why we attend conferences, Google Webmaster Central Blog
- The road not taken, Google LatLong blog
- Ask Isn't Sweating The Competition, Forbes
- How Alt Search Engines Implemented Universal Search...Well Before Google Did, Read/Write Web
- Setting Search Engine Marketing Metrics - ROI, Think About Search
- Information Architecture is the Most Underrated Component of Effective Search Marketing, SEO Book
- What Google News and Techmeme Could Learn from Each Other, Read/Write Web
- Should You Attend SES Miami if You Don't Target the Latino Market?, Search Engine Roundtable
- What's all the noise about....Google Audio Ads?, Google CPG Blog
- Accidents happen, Inside AdSense
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!