Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Using Log Files To Improve Page Rank Distribution
Sharing link love within a large site poses special challenges.
- Google Can Now Find Faces
Google Image Search is adding face-recognition technology, as well as new features to filter images from news stories.
- FTC Looking at Google-DoubleClick Deal?
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has opened a preliminary antitrust investigation into Google's planned $3.1 billion acquisition of DoubleClick
- How To Market A Website for $100
Patrick Sexton interviewed some major players in the search space and asked them all how would they market their website if they only had $100.
- Colbert Interviews Wikipedia Founder
With a mix of humor and serious questions, the two discussed the future goals of Wikipedia.
- 80% of Podcast Listeners Seek Out Products They Hear About
The UK survey also found that 90% of listeners would consider forwarding audio shows to friends.
- Interview with FeedBurner's Rick Klau
There are benefits to full-post RSS feeds that many people are missing.
- SEW Experts: Using a Corporate Blog for CRM
Mark Jackson examines how corporate blogging can be used for customer relationship management (CRM).
- SEW Experts: Universal Search for Small Business
Carrie Hill tells you what universal ranking of multiple silos of search results can mean for your small business.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Googlers Break Away, Build Ooyala, WebProNews
- Bill Slawski Joins Commerce 360, Cre8pc
- Is Microsoft Cool Enough for Search?, Mad.co.uk
- Putting users in charge, Google Blog
- The Ultimate Deadline, Yahoo Publisher Network Blog
- Don't be evil? Are you sure?, Information World Review
- AOL To Name Burbank as CMO, MediaPost
- Semantic Search: An Antidote for Poor Relevancy, Read/Write Web
- Virtual Earth Expands 3-D to Include NYC, Screenwerk
- Is Google Buying Companies to Add to Google Pack?, Marketing Pilgrim
- Link & Ranking Strategies for Enterprise Sites, SEOmoz
- Will .edu Links Ever Lose Their Luster?, SEOmoz
- Loki 2.0 And The 'Geo-Web', Search Engine Land
- 8 More New-ish Social Media Sites (That Actually Send Traffic), Tropical SEO
- The Web Analytics Dip: Oh my god, MATH!, Search Marketing Gurus
- Second Tier Search Engines & Clean Traffic Sources, SEO Book
- The Most Important Element of Your AdWords Campaign is..., PPC Discussions
- User Intent and Characteristics of Search Queries, SEO by the Sea
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!