Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- eBay Acquires StumbleUpon
As rumored last month, eBay has acquired social media service StumbleUpon for $75 million in cash.
- Mobile SEO Presents Challenges
Mobile search engine optimization shares some common methods and problems with its Web-based counterpart, but there is a whole set of other issues unique to mobile sites.
- Google Picks Up Geo-locating Photo Service
Google will acquire Panoramio, a Spanish community site that links photos with the geographic location at which they were taken.
- News from SES China
Several intrepid travelers made the trip to Xiamen for SES China last week.
- Google is a Data Company
Google's core expertise is not as a search engine company, or an advertising company. Google is a data company.
- Web Is 'Force for Democracy': Schmidt
"Politicians will be forced to be more transparent," Schmidt said.
- Yahoo CTO Retires
Farzad Nazem has decided it's time to take a breather and has announced his retirement.
- Google Map Directions Have Sense of Humor
When you do a New York City to London request the results tell you to swim the Atlantic.
- SEW Experts: A Look at Latency In Search Engine Ranking
Eric Enge presents a case study of a niche content site that reveals differences in latency involved in each search engine's index, and in how each search engine responds to removed pages.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- SEO Challenges for Three Business Types, ClickZ
- Companies warned over internet data, Information World Review
- Can You Make a Living Blogging, Graywolf SEO
- Client SEO is Harder Than Ever, John Andrews
- You Are Better Than You Think, Tropical SEO
- Googlenoping, SearchViews
- 8 Tips To Create A Landing Page, 15 Digital Marketing
- Search Engine Marketing Results Tracking, Think About Search
- Should you NOINDEX your RSS feed?, Ramblings About SEO
- Death of Journalism - Blame Google? No. Ask Google to Lead? Yes., Battelle's Searchblog
- Idea: Improve Local Search Business Data, Small Business SEM
- Web Strategy: How to evolve your irrelevant corporate website, Web Strategy by Jeremiah
- Annoying Differences Between Yahoo Panama and Google AdWords, Got Ads?
- Universally and Gainfully Google: The Personalities Test, Metamend SEO Blog
- How to Win Sales and Influence Spiders Review, Cat Seda
- Designed to Sell, The SEM Zone
- How to Choose a Brandable Domain Name, QuickSprout
- Guide to Keyword Researching Tools, Search Engine Journal
- 13 Tips For Getting Page One Search Rankings, Search Engine Guide
- If Your “Baby Is Ugly,” Fix It, Practical eCommerce
- In-house Spotlight : AllRecipes.com's SEO Dustin Woodard, Search Engine Journal
- Modeling Search and User Behavior to Measure Campaign Performance, SEO'Brien
- How Bloggers Can Adapt To Universal Search, Performancing
- Talking PPC With Microsoft Adcenter, Shoemoney
What's New for 2015?
You spoke, we listened! ClickZ Live New York (Mar 30-Apr 1) is back with a brand new streamlined agenda. Don't miss the latest digital marketing tips, tricks and tools that will make you re-think your strategy and revolutionize your marketing campaigns. Super Saver Rates are available now. Register today!