Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- eBay Acquires StumbleUpon
As rumored last month, eBay has acquired social media service StumbleUpon for $75 million in cash.
- Mobile SEO Presents Challenges
Mobile search engine optimization shares some common methods and problems with its Web-based counterpart, but there is a whole set of other issues unique to mobile sites.
- Google Picks Up Geo-locating Photo Service
Google will acquire Panoramio, a Spanish community site that links photos with the geographic location at which they were taken.
- News from SES China
Several intrepid travelers made the trip to Xiamen for SES China last week.
- Google is a Data Company
Google's core expertise is not as a search engine company, or an advertising company. Google is a data company.
- Web Is 'Force for Democracy': Schmidt
"Politicians will be forced to be more transparent," Schmidt said.
- Yahoo CTO Retires
Farzad Nazem has decided it's time to take a breather and has announced his retirement.
- Google Map Directions Have Sense of Humor
When you do a New York City to London request the results tell you to swim the Atlantic.
- SEW Experts: A Look at Latency In Search Engine Ranking
Eric Enge presents a case study of a niche content site that reveals differences in latency involved in each search engine's index, and in how each search engine responds to removed pages.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- SEO Challenges for Three Business Types, ClickZ
- Companies warned over internet data, Information World Review
- Can You Make a Living Blogging, Graywolf SEO
- Client SEO is Harder Than Ever, John Andrews
- You Are Better Than You Think, Tropical SEO
- Googlenoping, SearchViews
- 8 Tips To Create A Landing Page, 15 Digital Marketing
- Search Engine Marketing Results Tracking, Think About Search
- Should you NOINDEX your RSS feed?, Ramblings About SEO
- Death of Journalism - Blame Google? No. Ask Google to Lead? Yes., Battelle's Searchblog
- Idea: Improve Local Search Business Data, Small Business SEM
- Web Strategy: How to evolve your irrelevant corporate website, Web Strategy by Jeremiah
- Annoying Differences Between Yahoo Panama and Google AdWords, Got Ads?
- Universally and Gainfully Google: The Personalities Test, Metamend SEO Blog
- How to Win Sales and Influence Spiders Review, Cat Seda
- Designed to Sell, The SEM Zone
- How to Choose a Brandable Domain Name, QuickSprout
- Guide to Keyword Researching Tools, Search Engine Journal
- 13 Tips For Getting Page One Search Rankings, Search Engine Guide
- If Your “Baby Is Ugly,” Fix It, Practical eCommerce
- In-house Spotlight : AllRecipes.com's SEO Dustin Woodard, Search Engine Journal
- Modeling Search and User Behavior to Measure Campaign Performance, SEO'Brien
- How Bloggers Can Adapt To Universal Search, Performancing
- Talking PPC With Microsoft Adcenter, Shoemoney
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 31 October to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.