Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- SpotRunner Dives Deeper into Local
Yesterday, local video ad and distribution provider Spot Runner announced a deal with Lexis Nexus Martindale Hubbel. This gives the company closer access to local advertisers in the legal vertical by opening up a single point of entry to a broad base of private attorneys.
- Mapping The Minds of Visitors Helps Categorizing, Keyword Development
Bill Slawski, of SEO by the Sea, wrote an interesting article about mapping visitor intent to help develop effective categories and keywords for your marketing efforts.
- Yahoo SERP Lists Google Group That Redirects To MFA Search Page
Talk about a maze. I was checking one of my keywords at Yahoo and found down at the number 10 spot a listing for what would appear to be a Google Group covering the subject. The url should have told me something was most probably amiss.
- Search's Place in the Marketing Mix
Are you giving search its due credit when you look at results of other marketing campaigns? Are you taking those campaigns into account when you plan your search activities?
- Calacanis Launches Human-edited Search Engine
The former CEO of Weblogs Inc. and GM of Netscape has revealed his latest project: a human-edited search engine/wiki/directory called Mahalo.
- Google Announces Google Gears
Google Developer Day kicked off today with the announcement of Google Gears, an open source project focused on the development of offline web applications.
- SEW Experts: Avoiding Low-Quality Links and Link Networks
Justilien Gaspard tells you how to build links while spotting low-value links or links that might be devalued.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- History Lesson for Mahalo, SearchViews
- 100,000,000 Ways To Invest In SEO, Search Engine Land
- Crap SEO's, they're out there and they want your business!, Fresh Egg
- Comparing AdWords, Panama & AdCenter Performance, Got Ads?
- The Long Tail, SEO Revolution
- Seven Habits Of Highly Effective Pay-Per-Click Advertisers, John Ellis
- Branding v Optimization- Something Has to Give., SiteLogic
- How Do I Convince Clients That SEO is Worth the Investment?, Cre8tive Flow
- A Real Alternative To AdSense, Performancing
- Simple tips for tracking campaign performance for offline businesses, Inside AdWords
- Google Maps is spying on my cat, says freaked out BB reader, boing boing
- 21 Reasons Why You Do NOT Need Web Analytics, Web Analytics World
- YellowPages.com to Invest Heavily in New Sales Staff and Locations, ClickZ
- Zango Points Finger at Google in Suit Against PC Tools, ClickZ
- Startup Search: tracking the web startup ecosystem, Niall Kennedy
- It looks like we're being evil, but we're not, Information World Review
- You Can't Fake Real Content, Search Engine Land
Know your Ambiguous Customer: Effective Multi-Channel Tracking
Wednesday, June 5 at 1pm ET - Learn why a move from the "batch and blast" email approach enables better conversations with your customers.
Register today - don't miss this free webinar!