Want a snapshot of the day's SEM and SEO news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Acquires Feedburner
As expected, Google announced today that it has acquired Feedburner.
- Mike Grehan Joins Bruce Clay Inc.
Mike Grehan has joined Bruce Clay Inc. as its VP of international business development.
- Check Your Blog Deletions
Six Apart attempted to block what they genuinely believed were inappropriate blogs and it backfired.
- SEW Experts: Nobody Likes to Hear Their Baby is Ugly
Jessica Bowman tells you how to make an SEO presentation that won't ruffle any feathers by gaining prior buy-in along the way.
- SEW Experts: The Local Video Revolution
Video is a perfect venue for small businesses to advertise and for local search destinations like Citysearch, Superpages.com and YellowPages.com to integrate video with existing forms of local search advertising.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Search Engine Strategies Mythbusting, Traffick
- Five Reasons Mahalo Might Work, Marketing Pilgrim
- Google's Internal Company Goals Revisited, Google Blogoscoped
- Best of Google Street View, Google Blogoscoped
- Are SEM Conferences Still Worth Attending?, Search Marketing Gurus
- Startup Search Exposes the People Behind Web Startups, Read/Write Web
- Internet Marketing is Mostly Perseverance, Biznology
- Jason Calacanis & Mahalo: Hypocrites to the End, Eric Lander
- Flashback: Bill Gates, in 1987, forecasts 2007, Todd Bishop's Microsoft Blog
- Jump off now! The CPM advertising model ship is sinking, John W. Ellis
- Know Your Fish, SEO Chicks
- ValueClick Names Vadnais CEO, ClickZ
- RFP Do's and Don'ts, ClickZ
- U.S. Search Engine Rankings, April 2007, ClickZ
- Sproose: Human Powered Search Meets Digg, TechCrunch
- Google's dominance 'will not last forever', Information World Review
- Dogpile: Search Results On Major Engines Diverging, Search Engine Land
- Hey Jason, Search Results are Never "Done", Search Engine Guide
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!