Want a snapshot of the day's SEM and SEO news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Acquires Feedburner
As expected, Google announced today that it has acquired Feedburner.
- Mike Grehan Joins Bruce Clay Inc.
Mike Grehan has joined Bruce Clay Inc. as its VP of international business development.
- Check Your Blog Deletions
Six Apart attempted to block what they genuinely believed were inappropriate blogs and it backfired.
- SEW Experts: Nobody Likes to Hear Their Baby is Ugly
Jessica Bowman tells you how to make an SEO presentation that won't ruffle any feathers by gaining prior buy-in along the way.
- SEW Experts: The Local Video Revolution
Video is a perfect venue for small businesses to advertise and for local search destinations like Citysearch, Superpages.com and YellowPages.com to integrate video with existing forms of local search advertising.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Search Engine Strategies Mythbusting, Traffick
- Five Reasons Mahalo Might Work, Marketing Pilgrim
- Google's Internal Company Goals Revisited, Google Blogoscoped
- Best of Google Street View, Google Blogoscoped
- Are SEM Conferences Still Worth Attending?, Search Marketing Gurus
- Startup Search Exposes the People Behind Web Startups, Read/Write Web
- Internet Marketing is Mostly Perseverance, Biznology
- Jason Calacanis & Mahalo: Hypocrites to the End, Eric Lander
- Flashback: Bill Gates, in 1987, forecasts 2007, Todd Bishop's Microsoft Blog
- Jump off now! The CPM advertising model ship is sinking, John W. Ellis
- Know Your Fish, SEO Chicks
- ValueClick Names Vadnais CEO, ClickZ
- RFP Do's and Don'ts, ClickZ
- U.S. Search Engine Rankings, April 2007, ClickZ
- Sproose: Human Powered Search Meets Digg, TechCrunch
- Google's dominance 'will not last forever', Information World Review
- Dogpile: Search Results On Major Engines Diverging, Search Engine Land
- Hey Jason, Search Results are Never "Done", Search Engine Guide
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!