Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Yahoo Launches Quality-Based Pricing
Tonight, Yahoo Search Marketing began to roll out quality-based pricing across its sponsored search and contextual listings marketplaces
- Yahoo Launches Search Marketing Commercial API Program
Yahoo is starting a three-tiered Search Marketing Commercial API program.
- NY Times Goes Deep on Google
An article in Sunday's New York Times goes in-depth with Google's Amit Singhal, one of the Google engineers on the search quality team primarily responsible for building, maintaining and tweaking its ranking algorithm.
- Portfolio Based Bid Management vs. Keyword Based
Eric Enge talks with Efficient Frontier's CTO about how a portfolio based approach provides better results than the classic approach of measuring and acting on the ROI on a keyword by keyword basis.
- 360i in Management Buyout
Innovation Interactive, which houses search and interactive shop 360i and search tools provider SearchIgnite, has gone solo, via a management-led buyout from Japanese parent company Livedoor.
- Microsoft Planning Next Search Engine?
Microsoft is rumored to have "gathered a team of twenty or more 'rock star' developers" to build its "next-generation" search engine.
- SEW Experts: Setting Campaign Goals and Metrics for Success
Tony Wright explains the importance of setting initial metrics for success, especially for those new to search.
- AdWords Bolding Synonyms
AdWords is now bolding the expanded match terms in the ads.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Yahoo: The Web's Future Is Not In Search, Read/Write Web
- AdSense publishers could earn money through Google Maps, JenSense
- Microsoft's ad business: Single, looking for love, Todd Bishop's Microsoft Blog
- Group rips Microsoft over Internet user profiling research
- Why your on-site optimization sucks, SEO Theory
- Google is not an Algorithm: Google Imparts Intent, Johnon.com
- Advertising on the Surface, ClickZ
- Worldwide SEO Myths and Misconceptions, ClickZ
- Adapting To Google's Universal Search, Search Engine Land
- New York Times Live Blogging And The Transformation Of Journalism, Publishing 2.0
- Gates and Jobs Interview Downloadable on iTunes, All Things Digital
- Coverage for First Search Marketing Expo Conference, Search Engine Roundtable
- Remarkable Openness from Google's Black Box Thanks to Saul Hansel, SEOmoz
- How Google Might Handle Fraudulent Adwords Advertising, SEO by the Sea
- How To Be A Gray Hat, Blue Hat SEO
- Soft Cloaking: META Tags, Robots.txt & Sitemaps, YOUmoz
Early Bird Rates have been extended!
June 12-14, 2013: Join industry experts at SES Toronto for a crash course in the latest strategies in Online Marketing and Advertising.
Save $300 when you register by Thursday, May 23.