Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Yahoo Launches Quality-Based Pricing
Tonight, Yahoo Search Marketing began to roll out quality-based pricing across its sponsored search and contextual listings marketplaces
- Yahoo Launches Search Marketing Commercial API Program
Yahoo is starting a three-tiered Search Marketing Commercial API program.
- NY Times Goes Deep on Google
An article in Sunday's New York Times goes in-depth with Google's Amit Singhal, one of the Google engineers on the search quality team primarily responsible for building, maintaining and tweaking its ranking algorithm.
- Portfolio Based Bid Management vs. Keyword Based
Eric Enge talks with Efficient Frontier's CTO about how a portfolio based approach provides better results than the classic approach of measuring and acting on the ROI on a keyword by keyword basis.
- 360i in Management Buyout
Innovation Interactive, which houses search and interactive shop 360i and search tools provider SearchIgnite, has gone solo, via a management-led buyout from Japanese parent company Livedoor.
- Microsoft Planning Next Search Engine?
Microsoft is rumored to have "gathered a team of twenty or more 'rock star' developers" to build its "next-generation" search engine.
- SEW Experts: Setting Campaign Goals and Metrics for Success
Tony Wright explains the importance of setting initial metrics for success, especially for those new to search.
- AdWords Bolding Synonyms
AdWords is now bolding the expanded match terms in the ads.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Yahoo: The Web's Future Is Not In Search, Read/Write Web
- AdSense publishers could earn money through Google Maps, JenSense
- Microsoft's ad business: Single, looking for love, Todd Bishop's Microsoft Blog
- Group rips Microsoft over Internet user profiling research
- Why your on-site optimization sucks, SEO Theory
- Google is not an Algorithm: Google Imparts Intent, Johnon.com
- Advertising on the Surface, ClickZ
- Worldwide SEO Myths and Misconceptions, ClickZ
- Adapting To Google's Universal Search, Search Engine Land
- New York Times Live Blogging And The Transformation Of Journalism, Publishing 2.0
- Gates and Jobs Interview Downloadable on iTunes, All Things Digital
- Coverage for First Search Marketing Expo Conference, Search Engine Roundtable
- Remarkable Openness from Google's Black Box Thanks to Saul Hansel, SEOmoz
- How Google Might Handle Fraudulent Adwords Advertising, SEO by the Sea
- How To Be A Gray Hat, Blue Hat SEO
- Soft Cloaking: META Tags, Robots.txt & Sitemaps, YOUmoz
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!