Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Ask Launches Ask3D
Following hot on the heels of the recent announcement by Google of its Universal Search, Ask has now released something with very similar attributes, but significant and interesting differences.
- Ask.com: The Other Search Engine?
Ask.com is positioning itself as "the other search engine," making a play to get users to think about Ask in addition to Google when they think of search.
- Blinkx to power Ask.com's video search – interview with blinkx CEO
Already the world's largest video search engine, blinkx today expanded its reach an exclusive video partnership with Ask.com.
- Big Brands Shy Away from Social Media
Many major brands shy away from social media environments because they can't control them. This creates a great opportunity for smaller players to get high-level attention from the market.
- AdSense Publishers to Meet Quality Guidelines
Google will require AdSense publishers to meet the same page quality guidelines it holds its AdWords advertisers to with their landing pages.
- Google Adds Transit Data to Maps
Train, bus or subway stops on Google maps now link directly to more detailed information about a specific station, route, or schedule.
- Chinese Engine Baidu Enters European Market
The successful challenger to Google, at least in China, may find this market a little more difficult to conquer.
- Salesforce, Google Confirm Partnership
The rumored partnership between Google and hosted applications provider Salesforce.com have been confirmed, but at this point is little more than a way for Google to sell more AdWords ads to Salesforce.com users.
- SEW Experts: Leveraging Big Business Assets for Better SEO Visibility
Aaron Shear looks at ways to get multiple units of a large business collaborating to improve SEO visibility.
- SEW Experts: Will Google's FeedBurner Scorch Organic SEO?
Mark Jackson examines the impact Google's acquisition of Feedburner could have on search marketers.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Criticize Google Analytics. Win Prizes, Luna Metrics
- Blogging and social media forum 2007, Information World Review
- Search is so over? Yahoo thinks so… I think NOT…, Rex Dixon
- Google Is An Ad Agency Competing With Madison Avenue, Publishing 2.0
- Yahoo's Dan Boberg Discusses Opening “Panama's” Search API, Rimm-Kaufman Group
- From the Ashes of Microsoft, Baron VC
- Mmmm! Tasty Search Goulash: Weighing in on Universal Search, E-Marketing Performance
- Writing Headlines for Regular Readers, Search Engines, and Social Media, CopyBlogger
- Data Scale/Portfolio Theory, Bronte Media
- Google Updates & Details Webmaster Guidelines, Search Engine Land
- 7 Things I Want from Google - NOW!, The SEM Zone
- Why there's no such thing as Web 2.0, Marc Andreessen
- Not So Fast, Search Isn't History Quite Yet, Read/Write Web
- Yahoo: The Web's Future Is Not In Search, Read/Write Web
- AdSense publishers could earn money through Google Maps, JenSense
- Microsoft's ad business: Single, looking for love, Todd Bishop's Microsoft Blog
- Group rips Microsoft over Internet user profiling research
- Why your on-site optimization sucks, SEO Theory
- Google is not an Algorithm: Google Imparts Intent, Johnon.com
Introducing... ClickZ Live!
SES Conference & Expo has merged with ClickZ to bring you ClickZ Live! The new global conference series takes on the identity of the industry's premier digital marketing publication, ClickZ.com, and kicks off March 31-April 3 in New York City. Join the industry's leading tech-advertisers in the advertising capital of the world! Find out more ››
*Super Saver Rates expire Jan 24.