Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- No Conversion in Yahoo's Quality-Based Bidding
Conversions tracked by Yahoo Analytics are not part of the algorithm determining the new quality-based pricing.
- Avvo: Web 2.0 For Legal Search
Like other legal search destinations in this space such as FindLaw and LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, new legal search destination Avvo offers users search tools to find lawyers in different categories and in different locales.
- Google Universal Search: What's it Mean, Really?
While some industry-watchers are cheering Google's recent moves, others are yawning. Range Online's Phil Stelter digs into what Universal Search really means for Google, and for search marketers.
- Yoono Plugin Has Much to Offer
Yoono Buzz It!, a free social Web clipping and annotation plug-in for FireFox and IE, combines the best features of online highlighters, bookmarks and clipping services on a single web page.
- Info Pros Are Searching
This week, the Special Libraries Association held its annual confab in Denver. Perhaps the SLA is improperly named now, as this gathering of over 5,000 information professionals are focused on finding and delivering appropriate online resources.
- AOL's New Video Search Tools for Developers
AOL has recently followed a successful industry trend by "giving away the good stuff" to build a following.
- New Rules of PR Podcast with Greg Jarboe
One of the big shifts that Greg sees is that there is much more of an opportunity to use PR to talk directly to your end customers.
- SEW Experts: Making the Case for Portfolio Based Bid Management Tools
Eric Enge shows why he prefers portfolio based bid management tools to the rules based solutions that evaluate ROI on a keyword-by-keyword basis.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Product loyalty: consumers mistake familiarity with superiority, Ars Technica
- The Duplicate Content Debate, ClickZ
- Google Introduces Audio Ads to a Wider Customer Base, ClickZ
- Futurology – predictions for social media and enterprise 2.0, Information World Review
- Internet Retailer 2007 Thoughts From First Day, Marketing Pilgrim
- Ask.com Wants to Search Sites for You, SEO by the Sea
- Clearspring Lands Major Deal With NBC, Read/Write Web
- The 7-Minute Website Checkup, Rimm-Kaufman Group
- The grief in getting a great link, Fresh Egg
- Blame It (and Everything Else) on Quality Score, Reprise Media
- Yahoo's Recent Spider Improvement Beats Google's, Natural Search Blog
- Why Vertical SEM Agencies Suck, Pepperjam Blog
- New Company Launch Watch: Avvo, The Kelsey Group
- Is PageRank a myth?, SEO Woman
- Changes to Google Webmaster Guidelines, Search Engine Guide
- Ask Does Integration Right, Search Engine Guide
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!