Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Measuring an SEM's Job Performance
A new study from iProspect and Jupiter Research finds that more search marketers are able to measure ROI than could two years ago, and more search marketers' jobs are being measured against both search metrics and overall business results.
- Interview of Microsoft's Satya Nadella at SMX Advanced
Nadella leads the engineering team for Microsoft's Search, Advertising, and Commerce platforms.
- RSS Mashups – Emerging Tools with Great Potential
What I'd not considered until the launch of Yahoo Pipes is the employment of mashup tools to filter information, making it possible to spend less time getting more of what I want from the Web.
- And now a few words from Kevin Ryan, VP, Global Content Director, Search Engine Watch and Search Engine Strategies
Kevin Ryan has joined the team here at Search Engine Watch and Search Engine Strategies.
- What Are They Selling?
Deep-pocketed suppliers impact the ad market. The sheer number of direct competitors matters.
- Pepperjam Signs Exclusive Deal With DoubleClick
In an interesting move for a large scale agency, Pepperjam has signed an exclusive partnership deal with DoubleClick.
- SEW Experts: Let's Go Viral
Sage Lewis explains that while viral Web marketing can be risky, the rewards are great.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- SES Miami: Catch The Latin Heat, Smart Keywords
- Google AdSense Disables Third Party Click Trackers, Search Engine Roundtable
- Not-So-Fast411, Local Mobile Search
- In-house Spotlight: Duane Forrester, SEO with Sports Direct Inc., Search Engine Journal
- @ FOOA: How Not To Waste Billions Of Advertising Dollars, paidContent
- @ FOOA: Cost Per Action Ads Help Marketers Win Consumers' Hearts, Minds And Wallets, paidContent
- SiteLogic Welcomes Kim Krause-Berg, SiteLogic
- Ask.com's new look makes a big difference, Pandia
- Kevin Ryan to Direct Content at Search Engine Strategies and SEW, Online Marketing Blog
- Google Goes To D.C., Addresses Immigration, WebProNews
- Why Local Search Is Direct Marketing's Mirror Image, ClickZ
- SEO, Google Blog Search & Feedburner Data, GrokDotCom
- Bid4Spots Helps eBay Enter the Radio Game, The Kelsey Group
- What Kills a Social Media Campaign, iMedia Connection
- The comScore study on cookie deletion is finally out, Web Analytics Demystified
- From AskX to Ask3D, Ask.com blog
- Spice up your schedule with the Google Calendar gallery, Google Blog
- New Local Mobile Search Program, Screenwerk
- Marketing's Inconvenient Truth, GrokDotCom
- Adam Lasnik Explains How NoFollow Works, Ramblings About SEO
- Top 12 Takeaways from SMX Advanced 2007, Small Business SEM
- How to Go Multi-platform and Build a Profitable Borg, Tropical SEO
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!