Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Universal Search Boosting Map, Video Traffic
Hitwise's Bill Tancer has published an analysis of traffic data on Google's various properties, comparing them before and after the Universal Search launch.
- Sputtr: Many Search Options, One Place
For those who like to search using multiple engines, but who are tired of opening multiple browsers or tabs, there's now a simple, elegant solution.
- SEW Experts: Balancing Video Quality and Search Optimization
Grant Crowell shows how to create quality video and shorten compression time, using YouTube as an example.
- SEW Experts: Predicting ROI for Future SEO Efforts
Chris Boggs continues his series on calculating ROI with a look at predicting ROI for future SEO campaigns.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Google Updates AdWords Landing Page Quality Score, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google, Yahoo “Panama”, and Microsoft: Paid Search Market Share May 2007, Rimm-Kaufman Group
- Optimising Content for Universal Search, 15 Digital Marketing
- The Little New Google Guideline That Could, SEOish
- Website marketing on a budget, John Ellis
- More Data in Favor of Online Research, Offline Shopping II, Kelsey Group
- The Un-Siloing of Media, ClickZ
- Beware the Beginning PPC Search Marketer, ClickZ
- These Folks Know Your Business, Mine That Data
- Wikipedia's Nerd Bias, TechCrunch
- @ FOOA: Cost Per Action Ads Help Marketers Win Consumers' Hearts, Minds And Wallets, paidContent
- Time Warner Chief: Telling Year For New AOL Model, Mediapost
- Pragmatism and the semantic web, Information World Review
Introducing... ClickZ Live!
SES Conference & Expo has merged with ClickZ to bring you ClickZ Live! The new global conference series takes on the identity of the industry's premier digital marketing publication, ClickZ.com, and kicks off March 31-April 3 in New York City. Join the industry's leading tech-advertisers in the advertising capital of the world! Find out more ››
*Super Saver Rates expire Jan 24.