Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Universal Search Boosting Map, Video Traffic
Hitwise's Bill Tancer has published an analysis of traffic data on Google's various properties, comparing them before and after the Universal Search launch.
- Sputtr: Many Search Options, One Place
For those who like to search using multiple engines, but who are tired of opening multiple browsers or tabs, there's now a simple, elegant solution.
- SEW Experts: Balancing Video Quality and Search Optimization
Grant Crowell shows how to create quality video and shorten compression time, using YouTube as an example.
- SEW Experts: Predicting ROI for Future SEO Efforts
Chris Boggs continues his series on calculating ROI with a look at predicting ROI for future SEO campaigns.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Google Updates AdWords Landing Page Quality Score, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google, Yahoo “Panama”, and Microsoft: Paid Search Market Share May 2007, Rimm-Kaufman Group
- Optimising Content for Universal Search, 15 Digital Marketing
- The Little New Google Guideline That Could, SEOish
- Website marketing on a budget, John Ellis
- More Data in Favor of Online Research, Offline Shopping II, Kelsey Group
- The Un-Siloing of Media, ClickZ
- Beware the Beginning PPC Search Marketer, ClickZ
- These Folks Know Your Business, Mine That Data
- Wikipedia's Nerd Bias, TechCrunch
- @ FOOA: Cost Per Action Ads Help Marketers Win Consumers' Hearts, Minds And Wallets, paidContent
- Time Warner Chief: Telling Year For New AOL Model, Mediapost
- Pragmatism and the semantic web, Information World Review
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!