Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Privacy Practices Under Attack
Privacy International, a London-based privacy watchdog group, has issued a report citing Google's privacy practices as the worst among large online destinations.
- Atlas Institute: Don't Just Count the Last Click
A study from aQuantive's Atlas Institute looks into the effect of overlap of ads, either across publishers or across multiple ad placements.
- Google Partners With Chinese Portal Sina
The Chinese Internet portal will begin showing Google search results and AdWords ads on its pages.
- Yahoo! Distributing Click Fraud Settlement Funds
Figuring better to control the building outcry about click fraud, the companies got to set a ceiling and disperse a small portion of the actual amounts customers lost through click fraud.
- Google Quality Scoring: Changes And Insights
While we would all like to have a light turned on inside the 'black box' there has been some insight given recently if you have been watching carefully.
- Google To Offer Digitalized Text Books For Big Ten Schools
Google has partnered with the universities of the Big Ten to offer digitalized versions of text books.
- Google's Ajax Feed API Interview with Mark Lucovsky
The very cool thing about this API is that it enables you to easily access RSS and Atom feeds, and create mashups of the feeds.
- Happy 10th Birthday Search Engine Watch
This week marks the 10th birthday of Search Engine Watch.
- SEW Experts: Five Tips for Hiring a Paid Search Agency
Tony Wright gives his list of the five most important questions to ask vendors when looking for someone to manage your PPC campaigns.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- No secret search engine says Microsoft, ComputerWorld
- Google incorporates user history into ad display, Distilled
- Rumors of a Google Adwords Quality Score Update & Some Recommendations for Getting it Right, Pepperjam
- SES Toronto - Day0.6, Relfections on the Canadian Search Sector, Metamend
- This Tuesday: A Day Without Google, Read/Write Web
- New Ask.com UI Gives 20%+ More User Satisfaction, Read/Write Web
- What is Microsoft Cooking Up in Keyword Research Tools?, SearchRank
- Happy 10th Birthday, Search Engine Watch - A History Of The Site, Search Engine Land
- Taking Care Of Business By Taking Care Of The Customer: Five Tips For Local Search, Search Engine Land
- Google Bad On Privacy? Maybe It's Privacy International's Report That Sucks, Search Engine Land
- Viewing Advertising From the Street, ClickZ
- SEO Is Dead. Long Live, er, the Other SEO, ClickZ
- Barry Diller's Third Act, CBS News
- Pragmatism and the semantic web, Information World Review
- First Public View Of Powerset Results, TechCrunch
- SES Toronto Opens Tomorrow, SiteProNews
- Working at Powerset, Tim Converse
- The Great Reciprocal Linking Myth, SEO Theory
What's New for 2015?
You spoke, we listened! ClickZ Live New York (Mar 30-Apr 1) is back with a brand new streamlined agenda. Don't miss the latest digital marketing tips, tricks and tools that will make you re-think your strategy and revolutionize your marketing campaigns. Super Saver Rates are available now. Register today!