Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- In-House SEO in Large Organizations
AOL's Melanie Mitchell explains why large organizations that outsource their SEO could be making a mistake.
- Google Webmaster Tools Adds Paid Links Reporting
Google has been warring against paid links that pass PageRank, such as those that don't use the nofollow attribute or some form of redirect.
- Cable TV and Local Search
Cable television providers are testing the waters of on-demand programming. The next step could be to integrate small business video advertising to on-demand menus.
- Fresh Update to Google Analytics
The update focuses on adding a few select things that they heard as feedback from their previous upgrade in May.
- SEW Experts: Priming Your Quality Score to Boost Campaign Results
Eric Enge shows you how to use the new paid search Quality Scores to your advantage to provide great campaign results.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Microsoft Versus Google: Apple Wins, Forbes
- Domain Mismanagement Plagues Search Performance, ClickZ
- Is Ask.com's "The Algorithm" Campaign Really Working?, Search Engine Roundtable
- MSN Search by Any Other Name Might Not Be As Sweet, Marketing Pilgrim
- A Day without Google?, Alt Search Engines
- Yahoo's Ron Belanger on the Consumer 2.0, GrokDotCom
- If Ask.com = Target then Google = Walmart, E-Marketing Performance
- I've Come to Your Web Site To Do Nothing, Search Engine Guide
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!