Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Kevin Ryan on the Future of Search Engine Strategies
Kevin spoke with Rand Fishkin at SES Toronto, where he offered some insight into the direction SES may be heading, and shared with Rand Incisive's plan to create an advisory board for the SES conferences.
- Google Video Expands Focus on Search
Google has revamped its idea of what Google Video should be: a Web-wide video search engine.
- Vanessa Fox Leaving Google
The public face of Google's Webmaster Central is leaving Google to work at real estate vertical search start-up Zillow.
- SEW Experts: Creating Link Bait With Hot Content and Promotions
Justilien Gaspard tells you how to create hot, compelling content and then spread the word with promotions that create buzz, gain links, and bring in new customers.
- SEW Experts: The Business Case for Expanding B2B SEM
Jessica Bowman reviews the Enquiro 2007 Business to Business Survey. If you're looking to expand your B2B SEM efforts, you'll find the key take-aways and all the nitty gritty in between.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Afterthoughts on SES Toronto, Optimize and Prophesize
- Google Adds Paid Links Reporting, Graywolf's SEO Blog
- Animosity Escalates as eBay Pulls Google AdWords, Reallocates Dollars, ClickZ
- The New Direction of SES & An Interview with Kevin Ryan, SEOmoz
- Stepping Stones Of User Conversions: A Step-By-Step Guide, Search Engine Land
- When To Bring Search Marketing In-House, Search Engine Land
- Ensuring Google Knows It's Your Content, Google Blogoscoped
- How to Survive the Affiliate Evolution, Sugarrae
- Retrospective: My Day Without Google Fails to Impress, Read/Write Web
- The iPhone and Local Search, Teh Kelsey Group blog
- Expanding the webmaster central team, Google Webmaster Central blog
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!