Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- The End of SEO, or a New Beginning?
At SES Toronto this week, Google's Universal Search, personalization, and the death of SEO were among the hot topics discussed.
- IDC Predicts Beginning of End for Search Dominance
According to a new report from research analysts at IDC, search is about to lose its dominance of the online ad market, to be overtaken by video and rich media ads by 2011.
- SEW Experts: When the Honeymoon Ends, In-house
Jessica Bowman explains how an in-house SEO startup has a life similar to marriage. There's the honeymoon phase, and then it ends.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- SES Toronto 2007: Built By People, for People and Robots, Traffick
- The Success Is In The Web Analytics, Bruce Clay Blog
- Exclusive: Launch of Powerlabs, Plus More Powerset Screenshots, Read/Write Web
- Best Domain Name Finder Ever, SEO Scoop
- How Google Rejects Annoying Advertisements and Pages, SEO by the Sea
- Should a Search Engine Sell Business Intelligence Gathered from Searchers' Queries?, SEO by the Sea
- The Day after Tomorrow, Alt Search Engines
- Google and Privacy, Dave Naylor
- The state of our video ID tools, Google Blog
- GOOG Doubling its PR Crew--PR and Press Needn't Apply, Silicon Valley Watcher
- OpenSearch Plugin Ensures Your Google Results Are Not Personalized, Search Engine Land
- Can Flash Animation and SEO Live Together in Harmony?, SearchRank
- Search Google Without Personalization Even While Logged In, SEOmoz
- Jingle to Assert Patent Against Competitors, Local Mobile Search
- Small is the New Big, Yahoo Publisher Network Blog
- The Buzz on Google Quality Score Changes, ClickZ
- Vanessa Fox - The Person to Whom Webmasters Owe the Greatest Debt of Gratitude, SEOmoz
- Canada, It's Time To Clue Into Search!, Search Insider
- eBay hardball, Google flinches, Valleywag
- Xing, ZoomInfo Partner, WebProNews
- Does Language and Culture Affect Search Techniques?, Search Engine Journal
- Matt Cutts and Tim Mayer - tidbits from SMX, Ramblings About SEO
- What Everybody Ought To Know About Business.com, Aviva Directories Blog
- What does Google really want for YouTube?, The Groundswell
- What I learned at Toronto SES 2007, Thinking About Complete Web Sites
- How Google Handles Videos on Web Search & From 3rd Party Sources, Search Engine Land
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!