Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- The End of SEO, or a New Beginning?
At SES Toronto this week, Google's Universal Search, personalization, and the death of SEO were among the hot topics discussed.
- IDC Predicts Beginning of End for Search Dominance
According to a new report from research analysts at IDC, search is about to lose its dominance of the online ad market, to be overtaken by video and rich media ads by 2011.
- SEW Experts: When the Honeymoon Ends, In-house
Jessica Bowman explains how an in-house SEO startup has a life similar to marriage. There's the honeymoon phase, and then it ends.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- SES Toronto 2007: Built By People, for People and Robots, Traffick
- The Success Is In The Web Analytics, Bruce Clay Blog
- Exclusive: Launch of Powerlabs, Plus More Powerset Screenshots, Read/Write Web
- Best Domain Name Finder Ever, SEO Scoop
- How Google Rejects Annoying Advertisements and Pages, SEO by the Sea
- Should a Search Engine Sell Business Intelligence Gathered from Searchers' Queries?, SEO by the Sea
- The Day after Tomorrow, Alt Search Engines
- Google and Privacy, Dave Naylor
- The state of our video ID tools, Google Blog
- GOOG Doubling its PR Crew--PR and Press Needn't Apply, Silicon Valley Watcher
- OpenSearch Plugin Ensures Your Google Results Are Not Personalized, Search Engine Land
- Can Flash Animation and SEO Live Together in Harmony?, SearchRank
- Search Google Without Personalization Even While Logged In, SEOmoz
- Jingle to Assert Patent Against Competitors, Local Mobile Search
- Small is the New Big, Yahoo Publisher Network Blog
- The Buzz on Google Quality Score Changes, ClickZ
- Vanessa Fox - The Person to Whom Webmasters Owe the Greatest Debt of Gratitude, SEOmoz
- Canada, It's Time To Clue Into Search!, Search Insider
- eBay hardball, Google flinches, Valleywag
- Xing, ZoomInfo Partner, WebProNews
- Does Language and Culture Affect Search Techniques?, Search Engine Journal
- Matt Cutts and Tim Mayer - tidbits from SMX, Ramblings About SEO
- What Everybody Ought To Know About Business.com, Aviva Directories Blog
- What does Google really want for YouTube?, The Groundswell
- What I learned at Toronto SES 2007, Thinking About Complete Web Sites
- How Google Handles Videos on Web Search & From 3rd Party Sources, Search Engine Land
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!