Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Ask.com Asks a Ninja for Ad Help
Ask.com has turned to popular video blog Ask A Ninja for a live-read video campaign.
- SES Latino Coverage
The Search Engine Strategies Latino conference in Miami this week provided attendees with a wealth of search-related information.
- Seth Godin Interview
Eric Enge has a chat with Seth Godin about Squidoo, and about the challenges facing Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft.
- Are IT Buyers and Marketers Search-Aligned?
According to a recent survey of 3,000 IT buyers and marketers, some 83% of buyers actively use Google to find tech information. About 65% of marketers participate in paid search programs to find these buyers. Maybe the other marketers are missing out.
- Google Maps Integrates User Reviews (Finally)
Google will begin to offer the opportunity to read and write user generated reviews of businesses that show up in local listings in Google Maps.
- SEW Experts: The Impact of User Registration on Generating Real Estate Leads
Eric Enge discusses changes to lead generation strategies in the real estate industry, given that the Web has jarred this system with its premise that information should be freely available online.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- For Your Reviews, ClickZ
- What Yahoo Needs To Do Now, Mediapost
- Agencies: Yahoo Consolidation Would Hurt Industry
- What Should Yahoo! Do?, Search Engine Journal
- Seven Deadly Sins of Social Media, Search Engine Guide
- Google Press Release Analyzer, Google Blogoscoped
- Interviews with DMA Search Marketing Council, Online Marketing Blog
- How to SEO Your Site in Less Than 60 Minutes, Small Business SEM
- Local.com Adds Travel (Makes Sense), Teh Local Onliner
- Black Hole SEO: The Real Desert Scraping, Blue Hat SEO
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 31 October to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.