Want a snapshot of the day's search engine news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Getting Ranked on News Search Engines Is Getting More Difficult
There was a time when simply optimizing your press release with the right keywords and links got you top ranking on news search engines. Not anymore.
- Advanced Dynamic Keyword Insertion
Dynamic keyword insertion is a great concept, but challenging to do well.
- SEW Experts: Flash: The Pink Elephant or the Spark
Chris Boggs goes over the history of epic battles between designers and SEOs over Flash.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Google Supplemental Weirdness, Sugarrae
- SEO Myth: Press releases for SEO, SEO Theory
- Marketing with Zvents - SEO and Shopping in One, SEO'Brien
- How to Reboot Yahoo, Marketing Shift
- SEO "Don'ts": 20 Fatal Mistakes You Must Avoid To Succeed, Search Engine Land
- Put your business on Google Maps, Google LatLong Blog
- Skooiz unveils study on behaviour and attitude of French Canadians when searching on the web, Skooiz Blog
- End Searcher Optimization: The New SEO, ClickZ
- Advice for Yahoo's Jerry Yang, ClickZ
- Kevin Ryan - The New Face of SES, Search Marketing Gurus
- Search Behavior Study : How Do French Canadians Search The Web?, Search Engine Journal
- Yahoo/eBay Merger Case Strengthened By Semel Departure, Seeking Alpha
Marketers Rejoice! ClickZ has launched ClickZ Live, an educational series to bring you innovative online marketing strategies and techniques. Learn to construct and successfully execute multi-channel marketing campaigns, plus identify key metrics and translate them into actionable plans.
Thursday, July 18: ClickZ Live will be in Vancouver, BC. Register before July 1 to save $100!