Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Ingenio Data Attempts to Crack the Code on Mobile Usage
Pay-per-call provider Ingenio and market research firm Harris Interactive released results of a survey today that shows interesting data around consumer preferences for mobile devices and advertising.
- How Do You React to a Media Blitz?
Should you up your search budgets and add keywords during an external media blitz? Not always.
- Quigo To Serve Time Inc. Contextual Ads
Quigo has signed a multi-year with Time Inc. to provide contextual ads for sites like CNNMoney.com, Time.com, People.com and SI.com.
- Yahoo Keeps Creating its Own Troubles
Finding a way to keep and build its search share and build out its display ads and other properties in the face of growing competition is enough of a challenge. But a bigger problem may be its propensity to shoot itself in the foot with recent media relations efforts.
- Skrenta Steps Down at Topix
Rich Skrenta, CEO of news aggregator and local search site Topix since its launch five years ago, is stepping down from his position.
- Google Earth Outreach Non-Profit Initiative Launches
At the Googleplex East this afternoon, Google introduced Google Earth Outreach, a new program designed to help nonprofit organizations.
- ThreadWatch Closing on Friday
ThreadWatch, one of the first major industry blogs, is ceasing operations this week.
- Google Apps Adds Mail Migration
Google now offers a way that users can migrate existing email data from an IMAP server into their Gmail accounts on Google Apps.
- SEW Experts: Five Fundamental Questions of Keyword Research
Mark Jackson reviews five fundamental questions to ask of your site when performing keyword research.
- SEW Experts: Using WordPress to Manage Your Web Site Content – Part 1
Carrie Hill tells you how easy it can be to use WordPress to build or maintain your Web site or blog.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Free Tool For Back-Of-The-Napkin Paid Search Forecasting, Search Engine Land
- AOL, Yahoo Ad Efforts Fail to Dent TV Upfront, paidContent
- No Surprise! Google Takes Early Lead, Marketing Pilgrim
- Top 10 Search Terms in 10 Categories, May 2007, ClickZ
- Flickr Photos Integrated into Yahoo Image Search, Search Engine Journal
- SES Latino 2007 in Miami Wrap Up, Search Engine Guide
- Future of Online PR and Reputation Management, Online Marketing Blog
- The 10 Commandments of Search, Alt Search Engines
- Checking Supplemental Index Status for URLs in Large Sites, SEO Speedwagon
- The Secret to writing mortgage paying linkbait, Cornwall SEO
- AdWords is Stealing From You (or you just don't know what you're doing), PPC Discussions
- Search Engine Optimization Is Not Google Optimization, Bruce Clay Blog
Know your Ambiguous Customer: Effective Multi-Channel Tracking
Wednesday, June 5 at 1pm ET - Learn why a move from the "batch and blast" email approach enables better conversations with your customers.
Register today - don't miss this free webinar!