Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Ingenio Data Attempts to Crack the Code on Mobile Usage
Pay-per-call provider Ingenio and market research firm Harris Interactive released results of a survey today that shows interesting data around consumer preferences for mobile devices and advertising.
- How Do You React to a Media Blitz?
Should you up your search budgets and add keywords during an external media blitz? Not always.
- Quigo To Serve Time Inc. Contextual Ads
Quigo has signed a multi-year with Time Inc. to provide contextual ads for sites like CNNMoney.com, Time.com, People.com and SI.com.
- Yahoo Keeps Creating its Own Troubles
Finding a way to keep and build its search share and build out its display ads and other properties in the face of growing competition is enough of a challenge. But a bigger problem may be its propensity to shoot itself in the foot with recent media relations efforts.
- Skrenta Steps Down at Topix
Rich Skrenta, CEO of news aggregator and local search site Topix since its launch five years ago, is stepping down from his position.
- Google Earth Outreach Non-Profit Initiative Launches
At the Googleplex East this afternoon, Google introduced Google Earth Outreach, a new program designed to help nonprofit organizations.
- ThreadWatch Closing on Friday
ThreadWatch, one of the first major industry blogs, is ceasing operations this week.
- Google Apps Adds Mail Migration
Google now offers a way that users can migrate existing email data from an IMAP server into their Gmail accounts on Google Apps.
- SEW Experts: Five Fundamental Questions of Keyword Research
Mark Jackson reviews five fundamental questions to ask of your site when performing keyword research.
- SEW Experts: Using WordPress to Manage Your Web Site Content – Part 1
Carrie Hill tells you how easy it can be to use WordPress to build or maintain your Web site or blog.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Free Tool For Back-Of-The-Napkin Paid Search Forecasting, Search Engine Land
- AOL, Yahoo Ad Efforts Fail to Dent TV Upfront, paidContent
- No Surprise! Google Takes Early Lead, Marketing Pilgrim
- Top 10 Search Terms in 10 Categories, May 2007, ClickZ
- Flickr Photos Integrated into Yahoo Image Search, Search Engine Journal
- SES Latino 2007 in Miami Wrap Up, Search Engine Guide
- Future of Online PR and Reputation Management, Online Marketing Blog
- The 10 Commandments of Search, Alt Search Engines
- Checking Supplemental Index Status for URLs in Large Sites, SEO Speedwagon
- The Secret to writing mortgage paying linkbait, Cornwall SEO
- AdWords is Stealing From You (or you just don't know what you're doing), PPC Discussions
- Search Engine Optimization Is Not Google Optimization, Bruce Clay Blog
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!