Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Marchex Launches Content-Rich Direct-Navigation Strategy
Marchex today launched 100,000 local and vertical Web sites, all with unique content.
- SEMPO Institute Adds Advanced Search Advertising Course
Joining the Fundamentals of Search Marketing and Advanced SEO courses is an Advanced Search Advertising course.
- Search Engine Marketing Council
The special interest group within the Direct Marketing Association is working to provide educational programs to direct marketers.
- Google Not Added to Microsoft AntiTrust Case
Google's attempt to be added to the list of plaintiffs in the Microsoft antitrust trial was ignored by the U.S. District Judge.
- SEW Experts: ZoomInfo – People Finder and Company Intelligence Tool
Eric Enge checks out Zoominfo, a tool you can use to find a long lost buddy or to get business intelligence when your company is small and data is hard to come by.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Search In The Digital Media Ecosystem, Search Insider
- Just how deep is Wikipedia's Penetration into Google..., Threadwatch
- Website Sustainability: What Percent of Your Traffic Comes From Search Engines?, SEO Book
- And Furthermore - Canadians DO Spend Money on Internet Marketing, Webmama
- Value Of Speaking At Conferences, Shoemoney
- Can Social Networks Improve Search Engine Results?, Deep Jive Interests
- SMM in Depth, Yahoo Publisher Network Blog
- MySpace's Anderson, DeWolfe Want Megabucks To Re-Up With News Corp.: Report, paidContent
- How to make a million dollars, Seth Godin
- Confessions of an SEO Know-It-All, ClickZ
- Why we need librarians, or tagging vs folksonomy, some explanations, Librarian.net
- What To Do When Your Company Wikipedia Page Goes Bad, Search Engine Land
- Social Media & User Generated Content In The Spanish Space, Search Engine Journal
- Google Earth & Maps Advertising Patent Application, SEO by the Sea
- Ask.com on Trends, Freshness, Personalization, and Better Search Results, SEO by the Sea
- YellowPages.com Beta Site Much Better, Screenwerk
- Microsoft Focuses on Acquisitions to Build Up Search, Search Engine Roundtable
- Life at Google - The Microsoftie Perspective, Just Say No to Google
- Four SEM Industry Rants, Online Marketing Blog
Last Week to Save on SES London Tickets!
Learn to engage customers and increase ROI by distributing your online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Join the leaders of today's digital marketing & advertising industry at SES London. Find out more ››
*Saver Rates expire this Friday, Dec 13.