Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Testing the Kid-Friendly Search Engines
Are kid-friendly search engines worth using, or are they better served by the major engines?
- AdSense Rolls Out Referrals 2.0
Beyond the text and image ads AdSense offers - the release of Referrals 2.0 now incorporates products that you can sell on your site.
- 9 Tips for Getting Started with Link Building
Putting together a strategy for getting links to a site is one of the hardest parts of SEO.
- MySpaceTV – Look Who's Chasing YouTube
This feature should in fact attract new users to MySpace and expand its reach for quality video content and viewers.
- Search Ad Sellers Should Help CTRs More
Where are Google, Yahoo, MSN, Ask and others when you really need them? We think that they ought to be helping their customers even more actively.
- 10 Cool Things to Do with IndexTools
Over the course of his Web Analytics Shootout, Eric Enge found IndexTools Web Analytics to be a powerful tool available at a relatively low price.
- SEW Experts: 7 Ways to Promote Your Content as Link Bait
Justilien Gaspard offers seven ways to promote a new site project for links and exposure. If your site is already established, these links can help raise your rankings.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Yahoo! 2.0: Its Reorganization and Future, Read/Write Web
- 21 Essential SEO Tips & Techniques, Search Engine Land
- six questions for facebook, Vanessa Fox
- Karnstedt, industry react to changes at Yahoo, DMNews
- Click Fraud Not Top PPC Concern, Practical Ecommerce
- Fixing Yahoo: The First Step Is Others Admitting You Have a Problem, Boomtown
- Eric Schmidt: The Entire D5 Interview With Walt Mossberg, Boomtown
- Search Engine Friendly URLs Explained, Ogletree SEO
- Google's Marissa Mayer on The Future of Search, Read/Write Web
- I think we better go to Searchnomics next year, Small Business SEM
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!