Joining the damage control of the Google Health Blog vs. Sicko incident on Sunday, Google blogger extraordinaire Matt Cutts outlined some guidelines for company blogging 101 as an explanation for Turner's actions, and guidance for avoiding future incidents.
- The easiest time to make a blogging gaffe is when you're starting out.
- Don't criticize other companies or people.
- Don't post when you're angry.
- Learn which stories matter and which ones don't.
- If you make a mistake, don't clam up.
- Include a datestamp on all your posts.
Excellent advice from a seasoned corporate blogger.
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 31 October to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.