Joining the damage control of the Google Health Blog vs. Sicko incident on Sunday, Google blogger extraordinaire Matt Cutts outlined some guidelines for company blogging 101 as an explanation for Turner's actions, and guidance for avoiding future incidents.
- The easiest time to make a blogging gaffe is when you're starting out.
- Don't criticize other companies or people.
- Don't post when you're angry.
- Learn which stories matter and which ones don't.
- If you make a mistake, don't clam up.
- Include a datestamp on all your posts.
Excellent advice from a seasoned corporate blogger.
Last Week to Save on SES London Tickets!
Learn to engage customers and increase ROI by distributing your online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Join the leaders of today's digital marketing & advertising industry at SES London. Find out more ››
*Saver Rates expire this Friday, Dec 13.