Joining the damage control of the Google Health Blog vs. Sicko incident on Sunday, Google blogger extraordinaire Matt Cutts outlined some guidelines for company blogging 101 as an explanation for Turner's actions, and guidance for avoiding future incidents.
- The easiest time to make a blogging gaffe is when you're starting out.
- Don't criticize other companies or people.
- Don't post when you're angry.
- Learn which stories matter and which ones don't.
- If you make a mistake, don't clam up.
- Include a datestamp on all your posts.
Excellent advice from a seasoned corporate blogger.
Introducing... ClickZ Live!
SES Conference & Expo has merged with ClickZ to bring you ClickZ Live! The new global conference series takes on the identity of the industry's premier digital marketing publication, ClickZ.com, and kicks off March 31-April 3 in New York City. Join the industry's leading tech-advertisers in the advertising capital of the world! Find out more ››
*Super Saver Rates expire Jan 24.