Joining the damage control of the Google Health Blog vs. Sicko incident on Sunday, Google blogger extraordinaire Matt Cutts outlined some guidelines for company blogging 101 as an explanation for Turner's actions, and guidance for avoiding future incidents.
- The easiest time to make a blogging gaffe is when you're starting out.
- Don't criticize other companies or people.
- Don't post when you're angry.
- Learn which stories matter and which ones don't.
- If you make a mistake, don't clam up.
- Include a datestamp on all your posts.
Excellent advice from a seasoned corporate blogger.
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!