Joining the damage control of the Google Health Blog vs. Sicko incident on Sunday, Google blogger extraordinaire Matt Cutts outlined some guidelines for company blogging 101 as an explanation for Turner's actions, and guidance for avoiding future incidents.
- The easiest time to make a blogging gaffe is when you're starting out.
- Don't criticize other companies or people.
- Don't post when you're angry.
- Learn which stories matter and which ones don't.
- If you make a mistake, don't clam up.
- Include a datestamp on all your posts.
Excellent advice from a seasoned corporate blogger.
Introducing SES Online
Want to view one of the sessions you missed or listen to an especially informative presenter a second time? SES New York sessions are available for purchase on ClickZ Academy's new e-Learning site. SES is now Online!