Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Yahoo SmartAds: Super-Targeted Display Ads
Yahoo has launched a new SmartAds display ad unit that uses behavioral, demographic and geographic targeting capabilities to create ads from submitted elements based on the user.
- Interview with Vanessa Fox (Her Last at Google?)
Eric Enge spoke with Fox just before she left Google about the latest developments with Google Webmaster Tools.
- Old But Not Forgotten?
With all the focus on Gen Y and even the millennials, seniors aged 65+ seem almost completely forgotten when it comes to online marketing.
- Google et al Should Buy Australian Hosting, Financial Times Suggests
FT suggests that the big three search engines should buy local hosting companies if they want to make inroads into the Australian market.
- Even More Local Search Patents
Local.com has won another local search patent, this time for ad-supported 411 calls.
- Google Blogger Attacks Sicko, Backtracks
A Google blogger tried to rally healthcare advertisers against Michael Moore's latest documentary, Sicko, by advising them that they should increase their presence in the search results.
- Matt Cutts Offers Corporate Blogging Advice
Joining the damage control of the Google Health Blog vs. Sicko incident on Sunday, Google blogger extraordinaire Matt Cutts outlined some guidelines for company blogging 101.
- New Call for Case Studies
If you have an interesting SEO or PPC optimization story to tell, let us know, and you may be featured in a future SEW Experts column.
- SEW Experts: Zen and the Art of Paid Search Maintenance
Tony Wright shows that discipline is the key to achieving paid search enlightenment – aka success. He provides tips for implementing some regular processes to ensure top performance from your paid search campaigns.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Intermediate SEO: Developing Intermediate SEO Techniques, SEO Theory
- For SEO Beginners: 12 Definitions You Need To Know, 15 Digital Marketing
- How SEOmoz Built One Million Links in Thirty-Three Months, SEOmoz
- Calling In Pros to Refine Your Google Image, Washington Post
- Quigo Sees Local Boost from Time Warner Deal, The Kelsey Group
- Microsoft adCenter: For SEM and SEO, Part 2, ClickZ
- Sicko Provides Search Prescription for Other Advertisers, ClickZ
- So, You Really Want to Integrate Search?, Out of my Gord
- 5 Basic SEO Rules For Launching A New Website, Search Marketing Gurus
- Help Google help you - the Google webmaster guidelines, SEOish
- When Is The Right Time To Consider Social Media?, Search Engine Guide
- Four Recent AdWords Changes You May Have Missed, SEOmoz
- Does Search Disrupt the Business World?, SEO Book
- New CNN.com Goes Live - Google and Yahoo Both Search Providers, Read/Write Web
- How to make Google analytics better for tracking AdWords, Distilled
- Can She Turn Yahoo Into, Well, Google?, NY Times
Introducing SES Online
Want to view one of the sessions you missed or listen to an especially informative presenter a second time? SES New York sessions are available for purchase on ClickZ Academy's new e-Learning site. SES is now Online!