Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Gives Away FeedBurner Services
Google is now giving away TotalStats and MyBrand, which were previously only available with a FeedBurner Pro subscription.
- Google URL Parameters Cheat Sheet
Dutch SEO Joost de Valk has put together a one-page guide to the various parameters that can be appended to a Google search.
- Thinking About Innovation
Greg Jarboe recently spoke at a Wharton School conference on innovation. He thought he'd be the one offering the insights on search and blogging, but found that he was just part of conversation.
- Speaker Openings for SES San Jose
There are currently openings for speakers on four panels at next month's conference.
- SEW Experts: 7 Questions for Conducting an SEO Site Review
Mark Jackson offers tips for performing a professional site review and invites you to submit your own site for a complimentary review on SEW.
- SEW Experts: Can You Purchase Text Links for Big Business Sites?
Aaron Shear offers some insights on purchasing text links for a big business site, and the subsequent effects.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- If Search Engines Were Frat Houses From Movies, Search Engine Land
- adExcellence - adCenter Accreditation, Dave Naylor
- [Negative SEO] - Whoa, watch that SERP fill up, SEO Assassin
- 2007 In Search: The First Six Months, SEO-Space
- Fate of MarketingSherpa SEO Buyer's Guide Up in the Air, Fathom SEO
- Can Yahoo & Microsoft Ever Catch Google?, Search Engine Land
- The Construction of a High-Performance SEO Campaign, Search Engine Guide
- Search Engine Friendly Design - Searchnomics Panel, SEO'Brien
- New Google filing presses for role in Microsoft case, Todd Bishop's Microsoft Blog
- SES San Jose Speaking Openings Posted, Search Engine Strategies Blog
- Broadband Enterprises Launches Contextual Video Platform, Mediapost
- JEGI: Online Media & Marketing Dominates 2007 M&A, Mediapost
- Google Patent Granted on Customizing Travel Directions, SEO by the Sea
- How to Make YouTube work for Your Company, Graywolf's SEO Blog
- Top SEO Blogs by Link Popularity, Online Marketing Blog
- Search Marketing Education Has a Long Way to Go - 5 Examples from the Field, SEOmoz
- How Will Google Use GrandCentral?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Hakia's Semantic Search : The Answer to Poor Keyword Based Relevancy, Search Engine Journal
- But What If They Say Something Bad?, Search Engine Guide
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates extended through Sept 19. Register today!