Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Quantcast Offers Free Video and Widget Audience Measurement Services
The free service enables publishers to measure the usage of videos and widgets on their Web sites.
- Podcast with Brett Crosby and Avinash Kaushik
Eric Enge interviews Google Analytics' dynamic duo of Brett Crosby and Avinash Kaushik.
- Mahalo Moves Forward
Human-edited search does offer some real advantages. But how can this scale to cover the true complexity of web search?
- Are You Scared of Universal Search?
Google's switch in May to Universal Search has more than a few marketers awash with panic over loss of rankings – and understandably so.
- SEW Experts: Hosting Issues as They Relate to SEO
Mark Jackson defines the use of basic server response codes the common pitfalls as related to search engine optimization.
- SEW Experts: Using WordPress to Manage Your Web Site Content – Part 2
Carrie Hill tells you how to use plug-ins when designing your standalone or Web site blog – great tips for getting started.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- The Pressure of Google NDA, Google Operating System
- Google Weighs in on Image Replacement (sIFR), SEO Speedwagon
- Backlinks: The Beginner's Guide to Backlink Theory, SEO Theory
- Compete: Microsoft Gaining Searches; Live Search Club Giveaway Working?, Search Engine Land
- Is Google Gearing Up To Drop The Supplemental Result Label?, Search Engine Land
- The Pros and Cons of the Google Network, ClickZ
- Travel Search Engine SideStep Buys Social Net TripUp, paidContent
- White Label Social Network Ning Raises A Huge $44 Million Round, paidContent
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!