Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Quantcast Offers Free Video and Widget Audience Measurement Services
The free service enables publishers to measure the usage of videos and widgets on their Web sites.
- Podcast with Brett Crosby and Avinash Kaushik
Eric Enge interviews Google Analytics' dynamic duo of Brett Crosby and Avinash Kaushik.
- Mahalo Moves Forward
Human-edited search does offer some real advantages. But how can this scale to cover the true complexity of web search?
- Are You Scared of Universal Search?
Google's switch in May to Universal Search has more than a few marketers awash with panic over loss of rankings – and understandably so.
- SEW Experts: Hosting Issues as They Relate to SEO
Mark Jackson defines the use of basic server response codes the common pitfalls as related to search engine optimization.
- SEW Experts: Using WordPress to Manage Your Web Site Content – Part 2
Carrie Hill tells you how to use plug-ins when designing your standalone or Web site blog – great tips for getting started.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- The Pressure of Google NDA, Google Operating System
- Google Weighs in on Image Replacement (sIFR), SEO Speedwagon
- Backlinks: The Beginner's Guide to Backlink Theory, SEO Theory
- Compete: Microsoft Gaining Searches; Live Search Club Giveaway Working?, Search Engine Land
- Is Google Gearing Up To Drop The Supplemental Result Label?, Search Engine Land
- The Pros and Cons of the Google Network, ClickZ
- Travel Search Engine SideStep Buys Social Net TripUp, paidContent
- White Label Social Network Ning Raises A Huge $44 Million Round, paidContent
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 31 October to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.