Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Hotlinking Images Can Help SEO
By hotlinking a Flickr image in a new domain, that site was able to gain high organic rankings in Google Image Search.
- Can Search Success Translate?
Making a search campaign that's been successful in English work in Spanish can be more difficult than simply translating the same words.
- Yahoo Advertising Numbers Under Attack, According to Bloomberg
Not only is Yahoo being beleaguered by Google, but the social networking sites are cutting into their display ad revenue, according to a Bloomberg report.
- Korean Portal, Search Engine Yehey Partners With Pixsy
Yehey, the Korean search engine and portal, announced it will use Pixsy's enhanced media search platform.
- Masked Bandits Use Google To Crack Safe
A group of masked bandits needed help from Google search to get away with over $12,000
- Yahoo Tops Asian Popularity, comScore Reports
comScore published its first comprehensive Asia-Pacific internet usage review and Yahoo was found to be the most popular.
- Privacy and Yahoo's Integration of Flickr with Image Search
Yahoo has integrated the millions of Flickr photos into its image search results.
- Google Maps missing Ontario on JetBlue flight
On Sunday, I flew from Boston, MA, to Oakland, CA, on JetBlue -- and was surprised to find that Ontario, Canada, was a blank area on Google Maps when we flew over it.
- SEW Experts: Up Your SEM Knowledge
Kevin Ryan reviews the importance of SEM education, and provides some guidelines to help you choose the right path for you.
- SEW Experts: The Role of Trust in E-Commerce Sales
Eric Enge reviews research from ScanAlert showing that e-commerce sites can profit by ensuring their sites are safe and secure.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- My time at Google, by the numbers, Shellen.com
- Is Zillow building a ghost town?, Matthew Ingram
- Made for AdSense Sites Can Get You Delisted
- Paid Links - Can't Be a White Hat With 'em, Can't Rank Without 'em, SEOmoz
- Search Engine Optimization & Flash: An Unlikely Love Connection, Bruce Clay Blog
- Holistic Search Engine Optimization, Online Marketing Blog
- After the Page View: Can We Focus on the Question, Please?, Traffick
- Are Google's Fortunes Tied to Search Results?, SiteProNews
- Organic Search and the Password Paradox, ClickZ
- Official Digg for iPhone Released, Pronet Advertising
- 30Boxes team launches Facebook Ad Exchange, GigaOm
- How to: Move a Website...Should You Fear 301 Redirects Hurting Your Rankings?, SEO Book
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!