Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Hotlinking Images Can Help SEO
By hotlinking a Flickr image in a new domain, that site was able to gain high organic rankings in Google Image Search.
- Can Search Success Translate?
Making a search campaign that's been successful in English work in Spanish can be more difficult than simply translating the same words.
- Yahoo Advertising Numbers Under Attack, According to Bloomberg
Not only is Yahoo being beleaguered by Google, but the social networking sites are cutting into their display ad revenue, according to a Bloomberg report.
- Korean Portal, Search Engine Yehey Partners With Pixsy
Yehey, the Korean search engine and portal, announced it will use Pixsy's enhanced media search platform.
- Masked Bandits Use Google To Crack Safe
A group of masked bandits needed help from Google search to get away with over $12,000
- Yahoo Tops Asian Popularity, comScore Reports
comScore published its first comprehensive Asia-Pacific internet usage review and Yahoo was found to be the most popular.
- Privacy and Yahoo's Integration of Flickr with Image Search
Yahoo has integrated the millions of Flickr photos into its image search results.
- Google Maps missing Ontario on JetBlue flight
On Sunday, I flew from Boston, MA, to Oakland, CA, on JetBlue -- and was surprised to find that Ontario, Canada, was a blank area on Google Maps when we flew over it.
- SEW Experts: Up Your SEM Knowledge
Kevin Ryan reviews the importance of SEM education, and provides some guidelines to help you choose the right path for you.
- SEW Experts: The Role of Trust in E-Commerce Sales
Eric Enge reviews research from ScanAlert showing that e-commerce sites can profit by ensuring their sites are safe and secure.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- My time at Google, by the numbers, Shellen.com
- Is Zillow building a ghost town?, Matthew Ingram
- Made for AdSense Sites Can Get You Delisted
- Paid Links - Can't Be a White Hat With 'em, Can't Rank Without 'em, SEOmoz
- Search Engine Optimization & Flash: An Unlikely Love Connection, Bruce Clay Blog
- Holistic Search Engine Optimization, Online Marketing Blog
- After the Page View: Can We Focus on the Question, Please?, Traffick
- Are Google's Fortunes Tied to Search Results?, SiteProNews
- Organic Search and the Password Paradox, ClickZ
- Official Digg for iPhone Released, Pronet Advertising
- 30Boxes team launches Facebook Ad Exchange, GigaOm
- How to: Move a Website...Should You Fear 301 Redirects Hurting Your Rankings?, SEO Book
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!