Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Latino Search Market Presents Opportunities
At the recent Search Engine Strategies Latino event in Miami last month, speakers again and again spoke of the ripe opportunity for search marketers in the nascent U.S. Hispanic and Latin American search markets.
- Australian Gov. Suing Google Over Misleading Conduct
The ACCC (Australian Competition and Consumer Commission) is taking Google, as well as Trading Post Australia, to court over misleading and deceptive advertising.
- Yahoo Adds Search Suggest Feature
A user is presented with a likely search term when they begin typing a query into the search box.
- Google Maps Mashups Now Easier to Find and Create
Mapplets are intended to be mashups that allow developers use dynamic data, such as live weather information, or events from Zvents, as an overlay on a map.
- 10 Cool Things With Clicktracks
The package performed well in Stone Temple Consulting's recent Web Analytics Shootout.
- June Search Numbers: Microsoft Growing, Yahoo Dropping
Compete.com released their monthly search percentage numbers and has Microsoft making the biggest gains year over year and Yahoo showing the largest drop.
- SEW Experts: Exploiting Your Current Backlinks and Link Referrals
Justilien Gaspard tells you how to take full advantage of your current backlinks, while getting referrals to other Web sites that can help promote your business.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Keyword Stuffing Is Gross And Disgusting!, Search Engine Land
- Getting Into Google, HighRankings Advisor
- Sphinn: Our Social Site For Search & Internet Marketing Professionals, Search Engine Land
- Web Designers please learn SEO or stop selling SEO services, Cornwall SEO
- I Can't Fix It If I Don't Know It's Broke, Graywolf's SEO Blog
- LSI, true or lie?, Mike Grehan Says
- Does a Unique Selling Point help with SEO?, Fresh Egg
- For Ask3D Power Users, Ask.com Blog
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!